Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: tibilone side effects  (Read 954 times)

Sammiejane

tibilone side effects
« on: February 10, 2020, 10:15:38 AM »

good morning beautiful ladies

please can anyone advise on side effects of tibilone you have experienced

i've read the common ones are vaginal thrush discharge and vulva vaginitis plus weight gain ?

have any of you experienced these

thank you

jaycee

Re: tibilone side effects
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 10:28:19 AM »

Sammiejane,as i said in your other thread,i have had no side effects ,maybe weight gain, but if so it has taken over 2 years to happen, no thrush or vaginitis, they have to put possible side effects ,just in case but i havn't had them,
I just read on another thread someone sa,id their hair had improved, as my daughters did, but she was taken off them as she has a fibroid,although she has had to back on tablets because of no patches

Sooze

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 11:59:03 AM »

Sammiejane,
Here's a link to my diary from 2016 https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,33626.msg542321.html#msg542321

I moved off Tibolone in Dec 2018 to Utrogestan, Sandrena, and stuck with Tostran because I started getting some slight breakthrough flushes. Hair wise I've never had a thinning issue, but my hair has always been very fine.  Looking at pictures between then and now I would say my hair is fuller now but that could be down to shampoo, conditioner and styling products, plus I get it lightened which gives it more root lift even though it is dead straight.
HTH,
S x

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 02:19:39 PM »

Sooze,just been reading your menopause diary, a bit puzzled by someone saying Tibilone and Livial are different,as far as i know they are one and the same,just different names
I have looked at a website in the past for Livial, and i am sure it said they are the same,but going to check again

Sooze

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 03:00:33 PM »

Yes they are 'supposed? to be the same but I certainly could tell the difference with regards to side effects. 
S x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 05:12:33 PM »

Tibolone is the active ingredient and Livial is the brand name.

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 05:52:20 PM »

hi sooze

so u would say your hair is better on the sandrena utrogestan and tostran ?

where do you apply sandrena ?

thank u

LisaBenno

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 08:04:10 PM »

Hi,
I've been on Tibilone for 6 months, but it is making me very irritable and tearful.
In fact, I have felt pretty much like I used to feel before having my Bilateral Salpingo Oophorectomy in 2014 for pmdd (still have uterus)

My Gynae tells me that me still having my uterus means there is very little choice in the way of HRT.

I am really struggling on the tibilone, but am concerned about not taking any HRT at all.  Can anyone help me at all, have any of you had similar experiences please?

@Sooze do you have any advice at all please? Tia Lisa x
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 10:34:13 PM by LisaBenno »

Sooze

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 08:29:13 PM »

Sammiejane,
If I hadn't seen pictures from when I was on it I'd have said no difference, but it does appear to have more body at the moment. However as I've changed all my hair products since then it could be down to that.

Re where I apply the Sandrena 'that's alternate front of thighs.
HTH,
S x