Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estrogel and testosterone - am or pm?  (Read 1564 times)

Bobidy

Estrogel and testosterone - am or pm?
« on: February 09, 2020, 08:33:57 PM »

Hi

I'm thinking of swapping my estrogel and Androfemme application to the evening.

Does anybody know if there is any reason why it should be applied in the morning?

I will hopefully have a patch on (if I'm not allergic) so the estrogel is just to top this up.

I can't find any readers here on it x

Lucyjo

Re: Estrogel and testosterone - am or pm?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 08:44:21 PM »

Hi Bobidy, Can I ask why you are swapping the applications to evening?? I apply mine in the morning & take progesterone at bed time (as it makes me sleepy). My gyn told me to do this - sorry don't know why x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 09:12:41 PM »

I apply everything in the evening but it's for convenience. I don't have time in the morning to wait for gel or Tostran to dry. Utro (vaginal and cyclical) is because of gravity! Try it and see if makes any difference, I suspect it won't.

Bobidy

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 10:14:55 PM »

Yes, just to cut down on the faff time in a morning.

I did wonder though if oestrogen was energising and might keep me awake. Like you say, I'll just have to try it and see. Thanks x

heavenlyblue

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 01:20:06 PM »

Interesting point.

I am upping to 4 pumps of Oestrogel, not knowing whether to do 2 in the morning and 2 at night.  But as you said, takes a while to dry so did wonder if it made any difference when you took it!  I take Urogestan at night.

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 04:04:18 PM »

I know some people on the forum split 4 doses because it does make a difference to how they feel and sometimes because they don't like the feel of all 4 doses on the skin, but I do all 4 of mine in the morning, always have done, heavenlyblue. Same with my testosterone but I use my utrogestan vaginally at night.  I move the site of the testosterone and very occasionally I move the gel site to my upper arms, but mostly I just slap 2 pumps on each thigh and rub hard!  I don't find it takes long to dry at all maybe I just have sucky-in skin  :)  ;Dx

I suppose Bobidy the only way is to try.  I don't notice any change in how I feel after I've slapped it on though?

Bobidy

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 06:50:43 PM »

I asked Dr Newson about the split dosing and she said after about 14 hours (I think it was that don't quote me) the gel can start to lose some effect and some women can notice some symptoms creeping in later so splitting the dose helped.