Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Rambling  (Read 1588 times)

GerryL

Rambling
« on: February 07, 2020, 02:38:37 PM »

Hello I'm Geraldine and I'm new here. I hope its ok to start a new topic. I wondered if there are any other ladies here who enjoy rambling as a pastime. I love being out in nature and nature photography too. It has really helped me to stay calm and fit during my menopause. Im post menopause now. It would be lovely to hear from fellow ramblers. Thank you. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Rambling
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 03:14:54 PM »

Yep.  We talk about most things here, even menopause ;-).

DH and I have always walked or cycled due to not being able to afford a vehicle when we were students.  Each one of our cars since has been treasured as it has allowed us to travel the UK.  When we had a  :scottie: we self catered in Keswick and walked the paws of her  ;D.  She would wake me in the night as she was extra hungry and by the end of the week, would open 1 eye as if to say "R we really getting out again"  ;D.  Top of Helvyllyn - twice.  Running free near Ashness Bridge - lots.  She learned to paddle in Rydal Water  :-* but never over her ankles  8)

Locally we are lucky within 5 mins we are into fields and woods.

I know we don't walk as much as we should.  I LOVE being by the coast.  In the South Midlands/Cotswolds we have plenty of places to walk with tea shops to hand  ;)

:welcomemm:

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 03:54:56 PM »

I love going for walks when we?re up in Scotland,it's just so beautiful and peaceful,like clkd we?re 5 minutes from a woodland estate so walk the dogs there,great for keeping fit

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 04:28:34 PM »

Hello I'm Geraldine and I'm new here. I hope its ok to start a new topic. I wondered if there are any other ladies here who enjoy rambling as a pastime. I love being out in nature and nature photography too. It has really helped me to stay calm and fit during my menopause. Im post menopause now. It would be lovely to hear from fellow ramblers. Thank you. :)
yes it is my main form of exercise, particularly at weekend or on holidays as I still work full time. I am also post meno by several years. It does help me to relax and cheers me up if i feel down.