Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Lower back pain now  (Read 1081 times)

christinedownsouth

Lower back pain now
« on: February 07, 2020, 09:51:33 AM »

Hi everyone, My main symptoms these past few months seem to be electric shocks/tingling, headaches, brain fog and slurred speech and am into my third week of HRT. Its early days and on a positive note the frequent headaches have really lifted but on Tuesday I was suddenly hit by intense lower back pain and if I move the wrong way I am getting shooting pains across the buttocks and into the legs, much worse in the evenings and early mornings, it improves during the day and better if I keep moving. I am trying hot/cold treatments and have spoken to my GP to check that its not some strange side effect from the HRT. He has advised me that it isn't and to keep going with the hot and cold and has referred me to some stretching exercises which I am trying. It just feels like one thing after another atm  >:(

sheila99

Re: Lower back pain now
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 01:39:45 PM »

If your muscles in general are weaker you might consider testosterone once your hrt is stable. I was pulling muscles frequently for no reason. We can self refer to a physio, maybe something to think about if it doesn't sort itself out soon. I've had similar pains when I've damaged the attachment to the pelvis. Could you have a poke around and find where it's coming from?

christinedownsouth

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 11:45:39 AM »

Thanks Sheila99. Sometimes with things like this its hard to pinpoint the exact pain or whether is muscle or nerve related. I have been getting weird electric shock sensations for a few months so it feels kind of related to that. Anyway on going back to report this to my Dr (as I was worried it was a HRT side effect) it came to light that I was on the wrong HRT type and I have now been switched to Femoston. The back pain has actually eased but has been replaced by a streaming cold, I think I have done something to upset someone this week.. lol   :o

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 07:28:55 PM »

Hi there,check out the McKenzie treatment/exercises for back pain,they saved me from a rather horrid operation on my spine

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 10:05:15 AM »

christinedownsouth

which hrt are you taking ? and dose