Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice re Oestrogel dose  (Read 938 times)

pricey

Advice re Oestrogel dose
« on: February 07, 2020, 09:04:03 AM »

I've posted a few times and have sought advice on spotting while on oestrogel and utrogestan. I have been on various forms of HRT for about 4 years.  The only one that controlled my cycle was Elleste Duet, but it gave me horrendous headaches. Since then, I have felt best on Femoston and more recently Oestrogel, both of which control my menopause symptoms but not my bleeding. As I am constantly battling anaemia and work full time in a challenging role, this is getting on top of me.  After chatting with Hurdity (thank you!) I decided to stop the utrogestan to induce a proper bleed, rather than the constant spotting, with a view to going back on to a sequi regime and perhaps weaning off. This has indeed induced a full on bleed  I have also, rightly or wrongly, reduced my Oestrogel to one and a half pumps (3 days ago) to see how I go. I wonder if the spotting is due to my levels being too high as I'm quite small and also eat a plant based diet so lots of soy etc. Who knows??? (And yes,  I take iron supplements - my iron stores are generally better than they were when I ate meat as I now eat a more balanced diet). Could too much oestrogen and too little progesterone result in the problems I've been having? Would 1and a half and even 1 pump of Oestrogel (assuming my flushes etc still remain under control) be ok to use with 100mg vaginal utrogestan for 12 days, or should I use 200mg utrogestan? 12 days of 100mg has induced a withdrawal bleed (with 2 pumps oesrogel). I have a telephone appointment with my doctor on 11th, but while she is understanding she seems a bit clueless about hormone levels and dosage that deviates from the patient information leaflet. At 55 I'm curious to know where I'm at, although I do seem to ovulate and my own cycle kick in at least every 3 months.

X
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 09:06:16 AM by pricey »