Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagifem reload query  (Read 604 times)

Bobidy

Vagifem reload query
« on: February 06, 2020, 10:14:28 AM »

Hi all

I did my Vagifem 2 week load end Dec beginning of Jan and used 2 pessaries since.

I've had a big dip in peri symptoms so I've upped estrogel from 3.5 to 7 which has sorted it but I've had a VA flare up.

Do you think it is okay to do another 2 week load of Vagifem so soon after the other one? After this I'm hoping to use Estring for a more consistent dose.

Thanks x

Turkish delight

Re: Vagifem reload query
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 10:35:38 AM »

Hia,

I would have thought it's ok.

Some ppl take it daily so can't see the harm tbh.
It's such a small dose so doesn't seem like one can overdo it so to speak.

Do make sure the flare-up isn't a UTI, etc. I'm always careful when inserting it and do straight after showering to make sure I'm
not picking up any bacteria from the region on to the tip of the applicator and then inserting deep in the vagina or near the cervix.

TD

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 05:16:48 PM »

Any departure from the licensed dose should really be done in consultation with your doctor - but as Turkish Delight says, some women use it twice a week - there used to be a lower and higher dose - until the 25 mcg vagifem was discontinued. You will need to talk to your doc anyway as you will run out them quicker! All the best and hope you sort it :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 07:03:22 PM »

Yep.  Don't hesitate.  Some ladies require nightly use of 'vagifem' to keep symptoms anywhere near comfortable.  Go to your prescribing practitioner and discuss but don't wait in case there's a hold-up.