Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Day 65 on my HRT.  (Read 2207 times)

Penelope

Day 65 on my HRT.
« on: February 05, 2020, 11:24:30 PM »

Hi I am day 65 on HRT Kliovance the last four days especially ally in the morning have been horrendous
I have begun to get so down and that I can't do this any more.Then around 1pm it lifts and I feel good for the rest of the day.
This morning was really bad I just can not t do this anymore I feel just awe full.Then for the second time I got freezing cold and it is 27 degrees here.
I piled on the winter clothes and a blanket and froze for 1 an  1/2 hours.
I did the exact same thing Two weeks ago?
Any advice or answers would be really appreciated?
Is this normal.
I am stuck now because I can't go off it the amount of good thing it has done for me.But I can't keep feeling the awe full either.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:41:51 PM by Penelope »

Penelope

Re: Day 65 on my HRT.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 12:27:22 AM »

No decent doctors here.
Is this normal Birdy?
People on here make lots of comments eg ?Long may it last? does this happen a lot?

Penelope

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:29 AM »

Birdy I have never felt the cold in 25 years.But three times now since being on HRT I have had my temperature plummet had to put winter clothes on Slept and each time it has lasted 1 and 1/2 hours.
The lead up to it mentally and physically is horrendous.

I take My HRT at night is that ok?

I never ever had morning sickness with three babies but I did read somewhere hormones are worse in the mornings? Xx

Penelope

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 12:52:29 AM »

Birdy I take them at 5pm every evening.
My thyroid all ways made me sensitive to heat For the last 25 years.So for me to ever feel cold 🥶 in its self is really weird.
I think That it says chills can be a side effect of HRT?

Alicess

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 08:21:08 AM »

Hi Penelope,

I" m sorry you are feeling so  awful.  You' ve made so much progress at first.  I recognize the symptoms you describe and  for me these are symptoms of low estrogen.  Kliovance contains 1 mg Estradiol which is a low dose.  Or the progesterone in it, Noretisterone, may not suit you. If you also experienced these symptoms two weeks ago then Kliovance doesn't surpress your cycle or fluctuations  enough.
When estradiol is too low opposite progesterone it can cause symptoms too.

Alicess

Penelope

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 05:19:57 PM »

Birdy I am terrible just spent the entire night awake.
Feeling desperate.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 05:24:19 PM »

Hi Penelope - I'm sorry to hear you are feeling rough after the initial improvement. On your thyroid thread I posted a paper about taking oral oestrogen and interaction with thyroid hormones and those on HRT especially oral (but Wrensong pointed out also transdermal to a lesser extent) would need their thyroid levels to be tested and monitored regularly because of its effect on thyroid hormoens and their function - and consequently muight need to increase their thyroid meds. Presumably this can also happen with women not taking thyroid hormones but who have an underlying thyroid problem?

From what I gather you are not taking thyroid hormones - thyroxine or similar? However the fact that you are now feeling cold does point to the effect that has been written about - potentially being responsible for your symptoms? Despite your never having taken thyroid meds before I would strongly suggest you get a full thyroid panel done again and if your results show low levels, to discuss with your doc possibly starting on a course of thyroxine (if you are able to convert well to T3). it may well that now is the time that you need it?

Personally I would say it is much more important to do this before either stopping HRT or increasing the dose. Hopefully Wrensong might be along....I am no expert on this!

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 08:56:19 PM »

Hello Penelope

I'm so sorry to learn that you are feeling ill.

As you may know I am not using HRT but I am taking Levothyroxine because I was recently found to have Hashimoto's .  I understand that having cold hands plus feeling nervous and  emotional are symptoms of hypothyroidism and that has certainly been my experience of late. It may be that your thyroid situation needs to be looked at again.

As you know achieving balance means having all our hormones working together so oestrogen and thyroxine  need to be in harmony even though they do different jobs and originate from different parts of our endocrine system.

I realise how horrible this hormonal turmoil can be so you have my sympathy.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

Wrensong

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 03:37:17 PM »

Hi Penelope.  Sorry to know you are feeling pretty rough.  I agree with the comments about HRT possibly affecting any underlying thyroid condition.  The oestrogen in it may be causing an increase in something called Thyroid Binding Globulin that effectively ties up some of our thyroxine, making less available to help our metabolism work efficiently.  Consequences of this could be low body temperature, disproportionate fatigue, depression, reduced appetite, sluggish digestion & fluid retention.

Please go to your doctor & ask for your thyroid to be tested again.
Wx

Wrensong

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 06:17:24 PM »

Oh Birdy - interesting is one word for the dodgy thyroid complication at menopause!  The challenge keeps us on our toes for sure!
Wx

Wrensong

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 08:35:26 AM »

Oh no Birdy, so presumably you're in that frustrating position of strongly suspecting it's causing symptoms but docs won't treat  :'(?  Maybe PM me your TFT results if you don't mind sharing & want to chat about it?  Two heads & all that - not that I have two, you understand!
Wx
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:26:32 PM by Wrensong »

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »

Birdy - I know this is Penelope's thread so do start a new one with info about your thyroid tests and symtpoms etc if you don't mind sharing with everyone as I am really interested in this whole subject ie thryoid tests ( full panel) symptoms and overlap with menpausal symptoms and HRT - as well as Wrensong's take on it ( being knowledgeable in this area!  ::) ).

Penelope I hope you had a better couple of nights.... let us know re thyroid tests etc?

Hurdity x

Wrensong

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 11:10:42 AM »

Good idea Hurdity, if Birdy doesn't mind sharing. 

I sometimes suggest PM as I imagine many regular posters are fed up seeing me banging on about thyroid with the same old stuff over & over, especially when a thyroid issue comes up in a thread about something else, which it often does.  I also remember how alone I felt with thyroid probs & meno stuff before I knew about MM & would hate for anyone to be worried about something if there are no other hypothyroid members around for reassurance.  I often don't have time to follow the forum but do try to check for PM's.

Also, I think some of us feel more comfortable opening up one-to-one.  The detail is sometimes very personal & revealing history on the forum can leave us feeling vulnerable if we fear anonymity might be compromised.  Not suggesting any of this applies to Birdy - just reasons I sometimes suggest contact via PM. 

On the other hand, the variety of input we get when multiple members contribute to a thread can be so valuable & interesting.  And if we're talking rubbish, someone's bound to come along & put us right ;D!
Wx
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 06:05:42 PM by Wrensong »

Wrensong

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 11:48:37 AM »

No pressure Birdy. :)

Kathleen

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 12:52:56 PM »

Hello ladies

I am also currently obsessing about thyroid problems so all information is of interest to me lol.

The similarity to the menopause seems remarkable especially the emotional symptoms.

Wishing everyone well.

K.
Pages: [1] 2