Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: elleste solo 1mg/2mg  (Read 768 times)

Sammiejane

elleste solo 1mg/2mg
« on: February 04, 2020, 11:34:02 PM »

hi ladies

can anyone advise one there experience of tablet hrt

side effects?
how long did they take to work ?
hairloss?
weight gain ?
urinary incontinence ?

did they help for va ?

jennyr265

Re: elleste solo 1mg/2mg
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 09:50:01 AM »

I have taken both of these Sammiejane.
I took the 1mg for 3 months  at end of last year and my oestradiol levels went up to the mid 200s which was the best level I had achieved.
Unfortunately they didn't alleviate my symptoms so i asked to increase to 2mg.
After about a month I started to get dreadful back and right hand sided pain in the mornings - it woke me up and I also had episodes of diarrhoea.
I did have 1 bleed on them as well which was my first bleed since my periods stopped in 2014.
So basically I stopped taking them and the stomach problems have gone away.
I used Utro orally as well and I don't think that gave me any side effects.
I didn't have any weight gain. Also I am very fortunate in that I have very thick hair that grows very quickly. I also have very quick growing nails. Neither have been affected by the menopause. Genes maybe?
I don't suffer from va fortunately but the one benefit from the tablets was increased vaginal discharge. The rest of me is still very dry though!
Hope that helps.

christinedownsouth

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 10:41:57 AM »

Hi Sammie Jane .. Coincidently I have just started taking these - I'm just going into my third week. (I was the one who posted separately about slurred speech which is an ongoing pre-HRT issue) but yesterday I was also suddenly hit by a really dihabilitating lower back pain. Luckily I don't work Wed/Thu as I am literally shuffling around the house. I think its got to be a side effect as I never get back issues. I was prescribed 1/2 mg with the advice to take one or two tablets per day as needed. I was taking two a day as my brain fog/headaches were quite severe. I now think this is too much and I probably need to go a bit easier on one a day but I will need to further clarify this with the GP. At least the headaches have lifted but if its not one thing, its another! Apart from that maybe the odd mild stomach ache but nothing major.

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 02:11:32 PM »

jennyr265

thank you for your reply

i've been on the gel and lost a lot of hair can i ask what you take now and also are you still taking the utrogestan ?

i?m thinking of trying tablet as i took the contraceptive combined pill ok and don't fancie a patch stuck on me .

i remember when i first tried these 5 yrs ago i did have a bit of nausea but hoping it dosent last long x

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 02:13:49 PM »

christinedownsouth

please keep me posted how u get on with these x

my menopause don't really want me taking tablets as it's not the safest route but i've tried gel and although wasn't to bad on it started shedding lots of hair and aniexty through the roof tried everol patch and couldn't get to stick tried estradot and had worse headaches on these and sore boobs but were ok was only in them 5 weeks then went out of stock so to early to tell x

jennyr265

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 05:22:02 PM »

I used the gel for 7 months last year but it didn't help unfortunately.
I'm not taking anything  at the moment.