Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: What time of day to take HRT tablet/ thyroid medication  (Read 1034 times)

shoppingqueen

What time of day to take HRT tablet/ thyroid medication
« on: February 02, 2020, 08:59:28 AM »

Hello
I am wondering what time of day is best? I have always taken 2/10 Femoston in morning but recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism/ Hashimotos disease after a bout of severe illness so have to take Levothyroxine first thing on empty stomach and avoid other meds for 4 hours. So, I've been taking 4 hrs later but worried I?ll forget so think I might try tea time dose? Also, have had resurgence of night sweats, early morning pins and needles and anxiety after a couple of good years. I'm guessing it's my body getting used to another hormone going in and maybe thrown HRT off? Anyone else with experience? 
What time do you dose with tablets??
Thanks

warwick01

Re: What time of day to take HRT tablet/ thyroid medication
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 11:03:05 AM »

Hi

I was advised to take my Leveroxine first thing in the morning. I take 125mcg at 5/6 am when I go to the loo. Then take HRT tablet in the evening. Currently I use Oestrogel 1 pump in the morning, 1 pump evening.

Hope the above helps Wx

shoppingqueen

Re: What time of day to take HRT tablet/ thyroid medication
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 03:33:16 AM »

Thank you! I've switched to eve dose I am in oral tablets and still feeling spike in meno symptoms but going to try and stick with it as I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week.
I do the same with Levo- early morning but I'm only on 50mcg at moment and still feeling poorly. Can't decide if I'm hyper or hypo from day to day. Not the easiest if conditions, is it!
Just praying I get on top of symptoms  and level out.
Thanks for your help xx
SQ