Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: EstroGel replacement for Estradot  (Read 1665 times)

helenmelon

EstroGel replacement for Estradot
« on: February 03, 2020, 09:24:51 PM »

Update
So I posted last week that my GP surgery had said they couldn't get any more patches and we?re moving all patients on  to tablets or gel.
So I was initially prescribed Sandrena 1mg but after 2 days had developed an allergic reaction and looked like I had 2 weeks of non stop sun and was very itchy everywhere. GP said stop using it and have a day or 2 with nothing to get it out of your system.
She prescribed EstroGel to see if that was any better.

I've been using it since Friday and no sunburn or itching so 'that's good, however I feel like I use to when I had periods as if I'm going to have one, aching legs, bloated and back ache???

I have the Mirena and have not had a period for nearly 2 years. I was previously on Estradot 75mcg and wondering if a reduction to 2 pumps of EstroGel may have caused this??

Any advice gladly received on this. Thanks all

Tinkerbell

Re: EstroGel replacement for Estradot
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:40:42 PM »

I was on Estradot 75 and when i started on Estrogel i used 2 pumps for a week and then increased it to 3 the next week.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:09:08 PM by Tinkerbell »

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:49:58 PM »

Ooooo this is interesting, I'm swapping the other way around, Estrogel to Estrodot.

So I'll be interested to see how you get on, obviously I know we are all different and react differently.

I think when Evorel are widely available next month onwards the patch saga will get better hopefully! X

helenmelon

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 10:00:37 PM »

Thanks Tinkerbell, was that because your symptoms returned or on GP advice??

My GP said 2 pumps only even though I said well I've been in 75mcg for over a year, will that be enough??

helenmelon

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 10:03:24 PM »

Very interesting Bobidy as my GP says you can't get Estradot for love nor money 🤣

Can I ask why you're swapping?? I have been great on Estradot I'm so unhappy they say they can't get them but the latest info said all Estradot patches were available!! 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 10:10:36 PM »

helonmelon...I wasn't getting control of symptoms on 2 pumps, you can go up to 4 if needed.

Bobidy

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 04:05:49 AM »

Hi

I've had to pay for patches privately which is very annoying and expensive. I tend to be allergic to plasters hence wanting to try small ones.

I've been on Estrogel since May 18 and built up to 3.5 pumps which worked really well for me. Then started to use the new shaped bottle torquoise cap stuff and within 4 days all my symptoms were back plus VA flare up. God knows if the gel is different (weaker) or my peri has fluctuated or whether my post hysterectomy ovaries have conked out but the gel is not effective for me now and (under meno dr supervision) I'm now up to 7 pumps.

I'm going to try the patches to see if I absorb better and add some gel if necessary. I've got to have yet another battle with my gp to get them to support this with an NHS prescription now, which will be like pulling teeth! Also going to try the Estring to see if that stabilises VA issues better than Vagifem.

I'm waiting for Besins to respond about whether the UK gel formula has changed, if they are investigating quality, and what they are doing about it. I'm expecting them to say nothing has changed etc and maybe it hasn't, it could just be me, I'm sceptical about that though (probably because I'm feeling so crap at the mo and smothered in the damned gel;))

I'm sure the gel will be okay for you though x

Bobidy

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 04:07:04 AM »

Typo May 19

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 06:53:04 AM »

Hi the equivalent to a 75 patch is 3 pumps of Oestrogel x

helenmelon

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 09:02:07 AM »

Thanks Bobidy & Dotty for your replies.

I too was going to go down the private prescription route, I've really got on well with Estradot and loathed the thought of going back 2 years and trying to find something that works as well. This morning my joints and muscles are aching something I've not had for a long time, I've been doing 4 spin classes and gym but today I?ll be lucky if I can push the pedals round !!

Thanks Dotty, my patches were substituted and a repeat issued without any discussion with my GP the box on the original Sandrena just stated ?use as directed? I had no idea how much to use and had to ring the pharmacist who said ?1 sachet? I said to her that I'd been on 75mcg patches was 1 sachet going to be enough to avoid some sort of crash, she didn't seem to know and stated they were telling everyone who'd moved from patches to gel 1 sachet ???? So someone on 25mcg and someone on a 100mcg would be told the same??? Surely this shouldn't be the case???
But thanks Dotty I will try 3 today and see how I go.

Thanks girls, always great advice on here xx

Dotty

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 09:50:03 AM »

https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/HRT-Practical-Prescribing-AUG2018.pdf

Hi helenmelon if you look at the bottom of the first page you will see the equivalent dosages for patch / pill / gel x

helenmelon

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 02:34:18 PM »

Thanks Dotty x