Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding from cervix - scared!!  (Read 887 times)

Lou02

Bleeding from cervix - scared!!
« on: February 18, 2020, 07:10:09 PM »

I have been for a hysteroscopy and ablation today as I've had continuous heavy bleeding/spotting since November 2019. I've had a feeling it's more than a period as mine had all but finished - only two in a year up to Nov 19. My GP insisted it was all down to perimenopause though and at first didn't refer me!

My consultant couldn't do the ablation today to my uterine lining. He said my cervix looked abnormal, hard and high up?! He said that is where the bleeding is coming from. He's taken a biopsy and now I'm petrified!!

All I can find is cervical cancer. Please can someone share their experience of bleeding from cervix that was something else.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 07:29:10 PM by Lou02 »

sophielee

Re: Bleeding from cervix - scared!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 07:19:18 PM »

Many years ago, i would spot bleed after sex and after any kind of pelvic exertion, e.g., lower body weight exercise like leg presses.

After many months, I went to see my GP. She said I had little polyps but it was nothing to be concerned with. She removed them then and there and I haven't experienced it again. My smear tests have all come back normal.

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 07:36:34 PM »

I have been for a hysteroscopy and ablation today as I've had continuous heavy bleeding/spotting since November 2019. I've had a feeling it's more than a period as mine had all but finished - only two in a year up to Nov 19. My GP insisted it was all down to perimenopause though and at first didn't refer me!

My consultant couldn't do the ablation today to my uterine lining. He said my cervix looked abnormal, hard and high up?! He said that is where the bleeding is coming from. He's taken a biopsy and now I'm petrified!!

All I can find is cervical cancer. Please can someone share their experience of bleeding from cervix that was something else.
Are you on HRT at all?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 07:37:29 PM »

I wish that doctors would take time to explain!

Maybe ring his secretary tomorrow and ask - make a list of worries and jot down notes.  Were you able to tell him how worried his comments left you!  Make the point to his secretary.

I had a polyp which bled on contact, my Gynae wanted to remove it - at peri it shrunk all on it's own  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 08:54:15 PM »

Are you up to date with your cervical smears?

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 09:12:13 PM »

Can you ring to see how long the results will take to be read, were you given the next appt.?