Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: everol sequi to everol conti  (Read 1881 times)

emily06

everol sequi to everol conti
« on: December 23, 2019, 04:27:47 PM »

Hi, I posted a while ago about starting everol sequi patches. This was a few months ago and they have helped me greatly with my mood and the hot sweats have disappeared completely thankfully.

Due to the shortages of hormone patches my pharmacist struggles to get the sequi and has switched them to conti.. I have told him that I don't think they are suitable due to my periods not being 12 months free? They were erratic and I know I had a  natural period about 6 months ago before I started the patches. I currenly have a withdrawal bleed when I switch conti/50 once a month. He said the evorel conti are better than nothing which I agree with to some degree as they will probably help with the sweating.
Can anyone advise me please if starting everol conti will be ok as I am concerned about thickening of the womb lining etc that I have read about.. thanks in advance.

Hurdity

Re: everol sequi to everol conti
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 07:06:30 PM »

Hi emily06

Provided you can get the Evorel 50 oestrogen only patch as well ( separately) then you can continue taking Evorel sequi - which is two weeks (4 patches) of Evorel 50 followed by two weeks ( 4 patches) of Evorel conti. Even if you can't get Evorel 50 patches you could use any other 50 mcg patch that you can get in place of the Evorel 50 part of the cycle. The only slight issue mught be that you absorb a different amount of oestrogen from the oestrogen only patch but this is not going to affect your uterus if you are also taking the Evorel conti during the second part of the cycle just as you have been doing with your Evorel sequi ( if they are still packaged as they used to be?). have I made this clear or does it sound confusing?!

I think you're lucky to still be a ble to get the Evorel conti as these have also been discontinued while the manufacturer is switched.

Hurdity x

emily06

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 09:58:58 AM »

thanks for your reply. I am currently just using the conti patches without the Evorel 50's. My pharmacy is unable to get anything else aside from Evorel conti so I am unable to do anything else at the moment. Unsure what to do as from what I have read just using Conti when peri isn't a good thing but I am stuck and not sure how to proceed. 
Obviously I am pleased I am able to even get Conti when I read other peoples issues obtaining the hrt, just don't want to harm myself obviously.
Thanks again, Happy New Year all.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 05:53:44 PM »

Hi again - did you decide what do do? The main thing is you won't be doing yourself any harm by taking the conti while peri-menopausal. If you were late peri when you started (biggish gaps between periods) then you may just get breakthrough bleeding at the time of what would be a natural period (after ovulation) - but you won't know when it's coming - whereas with the sequi it is more predictable as designed to give a withdrawal bleed.

Hurdity x

emily06

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 01:54:19 PM »

Hi thanks for replying. I am still taking the conti as the pharmacy says they are all he can get due to the shortages. I have had what I assume is a period for the past 4 days which surprised me as I wasn't expecting anything for another 2 weeks. When I was taking sequi as you said it was predictable, whereas now my cycle seems so messed up. I don't think I was late peri, just began to have missed periods and awful flushes. Thanks for reassuring me regarding doing myself any harm, this site is a godsend to myself and so many others.

Baby

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 05:36:32 PM »

I have been on conti for two months.i am nearly 52.had spotting and a full period two weeks ago and another one at the moment.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 06:52:06 PM »

Just to confirm that Evorel 50 no longer seems to be available  but should be back in stock by March rather than the original date of June. I'm ekeing mine out...

Taz x

julie55

• I'm in here somewhere
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 10:17:41 AM »

Hello hope you are feeling well x just like some advice I have been prescribed evorol conti as my elleste duet conti unavailable I have read many threads and I'm a little nervous about trying them I had bad palpations with kliofen and have been put on these patches but have read about some awful side effects anyone got positive response or advice someone told me to cut it in half start slowly but I'm so unsure help x

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »

I have been on conti for two months.i am nearly 52.had spotting and a full period two weeks ago and another one at the moment.
  I started Evorel Conti 4 to 5 years after end of periods. I am getting bleeding now (started 3 months after being on full patches). The 1st bleed took me by surprise but the subsequent ones have all been absolutely regular and exactly a month apart. Only last 2 to 4 days.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:43:55 PM by Katejo »

julie55

• I'm in here somewhere
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 03:39:29 PM »

Should that happen after not bleeding for years  ?

Katejo

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 03:52:07 PM »

Should that happen after not bleeding for years  ?
Yes it is normal during the 1st 6 months. The menopause consultant asked me whether I knew about that when he prescribed them. I am now under pressure to have a hysteroscopy because the bleeding hasn't yet stopped. I am due to have it next week but I am not convinced that it is necessary. My vaginal scan only showed a 5 mm endometrial layer. I am only just past the 6 months.

julie55

• I'm in here somewhere
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 04:03:42 PM »

So dose evorol conti make your womb lineing thicken ? I never bled when I was on elleste duet conti tablets does it mean at some point I will have a bleed ? And is 5mm a cause to have a hysterectomy or the bleeding xx :-*

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 04:41:55 PM »

So dose evorol conti make your womb lineing thicken ? I never bled when I was on elleste duet conti tablets does it mean at some point I will have a bleed ? And is 5mm a cause to have a hysterectomy or the bleeding xx :-*
A hysteroscopy not a hysterectomy!  Using Evorel conti can cause thickening of the lining but 4 to 5 mm appears to be normal.  I can't compare with tablets because I never took any