Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LATEST UPDATE FROM BRITISH MENOPAUSE SOCIETY ON HRT SHORTAGES 28 Jan 2020  (Read 4017 times)

Katejo

Re: LATEST UPDATE FROM BRITISH MENOPAUSE SOCIETY ON HRT SHORTAGES 28 Jan 2020
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 02:33:25 PM »

Nightnurse - I've had Femseven. I thought they were the patches that were discontinued pending review over their adhesive. I found they just didn't want to stick but I think others succeeded, they are also huge.

Praise to the heavens - I had a call yesterday from my local Boots to say they had got hold of my Estradot 75s! I've only been waiting since about November! I managed to source some 100s just before Christmas in another town and am cutting them down but now running low on them. I have been rather a nuisance to Boots. I rang Novartis who advised me to get my chemist to phone them to find out which day the Estradot stock was going into their warehouse, and then phone the warehouse on that day to order some, and thank goodness Boots diarised it all and came good! Can't wait for this HRT crisis to be over, the stress isn't great!
Rather surprised that you got any cooperation from Boots. I tried to persuade them back in October that they could contact Jansen about sourcing Evorel patches but they insisted that they only had an authorised supplier and there was nothing they could do and that the HRT just wasn't available.

Grumpymum

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 07:20:22 PM »

Katejo - Boots only used their own wholesaler but I chivvied them to phone up to find out when they would get delivery. I think I was such a nuisance they thought it best to try and help to get rid of me! Having a child with SEND has made me very persistent!

Katejo

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 08:05:29 PM »

Katejo - Boots only used their own wholesaler but I chivvied them to phone up to find out when they would get delivery. I think I was such a nuisance they thought it best to try and help to get rid of me! Having a child with SEND has made me very persistent!
I don't think I'd have had any success even if I had pushed harder. In the end I got some online with a prescription so haven't tried Boots again. Another local chemist still owes me half a box. I must go back and ask again.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2020, 08:13:28 PM »

I got a phone call today from the drs asking me to make an appointment to change my prescription as Boots can't get my evorel sequi. They've had it for 6 months now, so they have given up, which seems ridiculous given that they are supposed to be getting new supplies soon. Surely they know this too.

Katejo

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2020, 09:10:57 PM »

I got a phone call today from the drs asking me to make an appointment to change my prescription as Boots can't get my evorel sequi. They've had it for 6 months now, so they have given up, which seems ridiculous given that they are supposed to be getting new supplies soon. Surely they know this too.
I am surprised that they have supplied it up to now. I have not managed to get any Conti from Boots since last July.

LizzyLoo

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 09:01:07 AM »

Thanks Hurdity for the link to the update on shortages.

There has been a lot of people (understandably) not wanting to change meds .....I was on Evorel 50 for 14 years!!!! However I've had to change brands twice now....both with hardly any noticeable changes. My advice is take what you can get. Yes estraderm patches are a lot bigger and a bit cumbersome but they work fine. As do my estradot which I transferred to this week. Yes the size difference is hilarious but right now I'm happy to take any patch 'that's the same doseage 👍🏻

Grumpymum

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 09:45:51 AM »

Unfortunately for me I am allergic to most patches as I tried loads before settling on Estradot (thanks to Hurdity advising me on their small size). The larger the patch, the greater area of irritation, so I can only wear Estradot. Only other alternative for me is tablets, which I really do not want to do, partly because, again I tried some before the patches and didn't respond well to them and anyway I believe transdermal is preferable. I can't use gels either because of terrible allergic response.

I am annoyed that the press releases by the BMS says that there are no shortages of Estradot but clearly the findings of us ladies is to the contrary.

Mandee

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2020, 12:34:52 PM »

I have been using Estraderm patches for a few weeks now as my chemist can't get any Evorel 100 or 50s.
I haven't noticed any difference apart from them not sticking as well as the Evorel, so I just stick some Tegaderm film on top to keep them in place and that works fine.

kittywells

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2020, 04:14:58 PM »

I don't think people realise how much heartbreak this shortage is causing for menopausal women. I was originally and happily on Femseven sequi for years, then Evorel sequi for a few months. But now there appear to be no sequi patches available at all for me, so my doctor has put me on oral HRT (Femoston 1/10). I am in my third week on it. Hot flushes have come back and so has my insomnia, have had to take antihistamines to sleep and now feel like a zombie. Very low. I am not sure how I am going to make it until the end of March when Evorel sequi is supposed to be back?

kittywells

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 04:19:41 PM »

Thanks everyone for the support and advice.  :-*

I'm going to check with my pharmacy what they can actually get hold of and not settle for gel unless absolutely necessary.  It does seem a bit of a faff but I'm prejudging, how do others find it?

I've looked at Independent Pharmacy online and they are currently stocking FemSeven.  It's almost ?72 for three boxes & postage!!! I'm never going to moan about an NHS prescription charge EVER again!  I think FemSeven is the same as Estradot but changed once a week - hence the name and it doesn't appear to be commonly used in UK.  Does anyone have personal experience of it?

I'm also going to share the link from BMS of the guide to equivalence with my practice nurse.  It looks very helpful.

Nightnurse I have experience with Femseven patches. They were great for me once I got the hang of the adhesive... what helped was holding the patch against the side of a boiled kettle or mug full of hot tea before application (still in the pack) to heat the adhesive. Then, I held it on for a few minutes before moving. Found best site was right around my hip bone at the front of the pelvis. Good luck!

shrosphirelass

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2020, 05:14:36 PM »

I am surprised that they have supplied it up to now. I have not managed to get any Conti from Boots since last July.

They've had my prescription since August! I got another one from dr and rang around. I guess they have held on to it for 6 months and have abandoned any hope of ever getting it, which is particularly annoying as it's suppossed to be available soon and they must know that.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 07:34:00 PM »

Any one any idea what it means when it says stock is coming back in on a specific date? Is that the date the manufacturers get it to send out to their suppliers? Just wonderig when to start ringing around when evorel conti becomes available.

jaycee

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2020, 08:58:04 PM »

Did anyone see GMB this morning with Dr Hilary talking about not buying online,?
I was trying to watch and listen, but had my son here who was talking to me,so missed most of it
Pages: 1 [2]