Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vitamins and HRT  (Read 3082 times)

SEU666

Vitamins and HRT
« on: February 03, 2020, 08:08:51 AM »

Hi everyone
After having one of the only decent nights sleep in months, I'm feeling a little more positive and proactive!!

So I have been reading this morning about what vitamins can be depleted by HRT and the menopause!
Vitamin C, D, Bs and magnesium and iodine are tops, apparently.

Now I take the Welwoman 50+(I was 49 beginning of January) as recommended by Dr Sarah Brewer, 200mg of magnesium glyconate and a rhubarb complex with my dinner.

Have any of you ladies found a regime of vitamins that have helped you improve your energy and wellbeing?

I know a good diet and getting all our vitamins from that is best, but sometimes this doesn't happen. Even with the best of intentions.

I've been peri since just before 40, but things ramped up aged 45. Now I have a mirena in (3 years this may) and now estrogen gel at 4 pumps a day. Started estrogen patches 4 months after I got the Mirena. Dose increased from 25mcg to 100 mcg back in November last year. Use Ovestin for last 18 months too.
Had blood tests 11 months ago, due to being cold all the time and tired, which GP said were excellent levels...thyroid, calcium, iron, B12.

Now I know that there's no way of knowing where I am on the journey due to the mirena, but I generally feel so crap, fatigued, no stamina, have cold spells now instead of the flushes and sweats, I'm now thinking of trying to add in some extra vitamins along with trying very hard to improve my diet.

I don't think I've had, what amounts to a 'period' with the Mirena over the last two years, for three months now. No breast changes, vaginal dryness that usually got a little worse week before a 'period' and emotions have been a little more steady. Only had trouble with the cold spells and contact lack of energy.

Might be too early to feel a little more positive that the old ovaries are giving up the goat sooner rather than later, but I've not woke up feeling like this for a very long time.

X

Feefs

• First Flush
Re: Vitamins and HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 11:28:31 AM »

I've been taking high doses of all the Vit B, especially B1 and B6 for the last 6 months and I do think it's helped me.
I also take a high Vitamin D supplement as well as ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium and... 'something')

I take Omega 3 oil capsules,  and have recently started taking Red Clover and Maca (started about two weeks ago so too early to tell if it's helping with anything)