Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Could do with some quick advice tonight please if anyone?s around?  (Read 711 times)

Jaylow

This month I'm late with starting my utrogestan (I timed it so I wouldn't have a bleed during a certain event). I'm around 10 days late with it and started day 1 yesterday. However I'm still ovulating naturally and the last few days I've felt a bit pms ish.. and started my natural period today.

Soooo should I leave off the utrogestan and let this period happen naturally? Or continue with utro for the next 13 days and then bleed?

I'm already late with the utro so part of me feels I need to take it. The other part of me feels wrong to take it now which will stop my period happening naturally as it's just about to fully start.

sheila99

Re: Could do with some quick advice tonight please if anyone?s around?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 09:25:45 PM »

Continuing utro didn't stop my bleed so now I stop the utro. I don't know if this is the right thing to do but my theory is that my own prog was enough.

Jaylow

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:29:35 PM »

Thank you :) . Did you then do the full cycle before taking utro again? Seems like a long time without it but like you say my own prog could be enough

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 09:36:12 PM »

Yes, I just started again at day 1. I don't think it'll make any difference if it's occasional but might be worth asking your gp if it happens often.

Jaylow

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 09:39:21 PM »

Thank you