Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: has anyone without children had the Minerva coil. Was insertion painful  (Read 2059 times)

Tinkerbell

Re: has anyone without children had the Minerva coil. Was insertion painful
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 11:24:07 PM »

I have a Mirena, have had children though, but i have never been able to feel the strings, i did have a six week check and all was fine according to GP. Hoping it is still in place but worried if they can't be found next year when it needs replacing.

Penelope

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 01:33:23 AM »

Sorry I had to laugh at your post.😂
No we who have had children are not walking around with it all  saggy baggy down below!
Don't think it would make a lot of difference if one has had a child or not.
Especially those that did there pelvic floor exercise very well after each birth.
You should be just fine.
And thanks for the chuckle I needed that to day!🌹

Tc

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 10:03:53 AM »

although VA can make any procedure involving a speculum painful or difficult for some women,  the mirena insertion issue is not about the vagina at all.   It is about the cervix.

In women who  havent given birth  the cervical opening has never been stretched as it is with vaginal delivery (and after giving birth for the first time it remains slightly more open than it was  before) .

Being post meno can also present a challenge  if ithe cervix  has  become  narrowed  (stenosis) .

For these reasons it  it is sometimes fitted under GA.as dilation might be necessary.  There is  also a, preparation which can be given in the week prior to insertion to soften the cervix and make it easier to stretch.

I've never given birth and mine was inserted without anaesthetic.  I cant say it wasnt painful. But it's not horrendous. ( It's the pain ive had since I have the problem with. !!)
But it's worth remembering  an injection can be given into the cervix  to numb it which I didnt have.or know about.   So I would definitely ask for that next time.

Xx

Pages: 1 [2]