Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is burning painful thighs and bottom a new menopausal problem?  (Read 1941 times)

Lyncola

Is burning painful thighs and bottom a new menopausal problem?
« on: February 11, 2020, 02:32:09 AM »

Hi ladies,

Is this a new menopausal problem for me or something else?

I have many menopausal problems like, sore eyes, virginal atrophy, stomach pains, back pains, rib pains, pains that come and go and move around my body, worst sinus etc.

But now I got a new one and I wonder if it's menopausal related, my bottom were your undies line go, burns, feels very tender, it can also move down my inner thighs or back of my thighs? I keep looking where I'm sore, but skin looks normal no redness. The pain seems to build up during the day, at night because I'm not moving the pain goes away? I've had this pain everyday now for 7 days and doesn't seem to be improving?

I've made a doctors appointment for Monday, any ideas on what it is? And is it Menopausal related. I actually wonder was it a side affect for Vagifem? But I question this as I've been using Vagifem since November but I only reloaded for 8 days due to virginal atrophy?

Thanks Lyncola

Souris

Re: Is burning painful thighs and bottom a new menopausal problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 02:58:46 AM »

Could it be sciatica or something similar maybe? Heaven knows there seems to be all kinds of pain to go around for us!

Lyncola

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 03:24:00 AM »

Hi Souris,
no I don't think it is sciatica pain, I've had that before when I pulled my back (a strong sharp pain that runs quickly down the bum or legs).

This is a constant burning pain, I first thought I had chafing from the hot weather (I'm from Australia) and the cleaning I do. My husband thinks nerve pain? I'm just not sure?

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 06:49:13 AM »

The pudendal nerve is around that area ( and other nerves ) sounds like a form of nerve pain TBH

Lyncola

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 09:21:37 AM »

Thanks for your reply Maryjane,

it will be interesting what the doctor says, or I will get told give it a month and see if it get better?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 09:51:28 AM »

Probably the latter!

Morning Maryjane.   When I have sciatica which affects the nerve root, back of the leg and occasionally the thighs.

A few years ago I woke very suddenly in a silent scream due to deep pain in both thighs.  It was so painful I couldn't speak. Always in the early hours. Took months to discover it was due to bending forwards.  I do a lot of antique hunting and leaning over cabinets from the waist was pulling somewhere which eventually impacted on my thighs.  Once I been to take note of posture the pain went.

Could you sit on a 'ring' to see if that eases the condition?

Lyncola

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 10:10:03 AM »

Hi again CLKD,

I do have a ring, but I don't think it will help more on outer butt cheeks. Plus I think it bothers me more when I move around. Then I still it seems to settle down. And 'that's when I feel my virginal atrophy, you just can't win some times ;D

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 01:34:50 PM »

Hi Lyncola..I posted a similar thread about a month ago with stinging pain in butt, looks like diaper rash.  What was explained to me is that nerve endings are waking up with the introduction of estrogen.  Hang in there Lyncola.  Remember Vagifem takes a long time to be effective.  Also estrogen cream for outer bits should help.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 01:47:34 PM »

Lyncola have you discussed with your GP about vulvodynia?  When I thought I wasn't responding to Vagifem, my GP did the Q Tip test and told me I had localized vulvodynia.  After doing plenty of research, vulvodynia can be felt through thighs and bottom.  The cause is unknown but clearly is nerve related.  My GP put me on Amitrypline and seemed to definately help.  Try putting vulvodynia in search engine and see what pops up.  I still have difficulty sitting for any great length of time but vagifem FINALLY seems to be doing it's job.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 02:43:10 PM »

:thankyou:

Lyncola

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 05:48:08 AM »

Thanks Whatsupwiththis, I will as my doctor about vulvodynia.