Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan daily with estroderm patches?  (Read 567 times)

karlizxy

Utrogestan daily with estroderm patches?
« on: January 31, 2020, 07:29:29 AM »

I previously had evorel conti patches,  with no problems. As they're not available my gp has given me estroderm patches and utrogestan capsules, to be taken daily. I've taken the first one tonight and woke up after only 2 hours sleep feeling very strange,  loud ringing in my ears and headache, slightly dizzy.
As I'm aware from reading that there are different ways to take this, I'm wondering if she's right to say take it every day. I've not had a period for over two years. I did take it orally as advised, but have read I could take it vaginally. Would this mean fewer side effects?
Or could it be the estroderm patch causing the side effects?
Sorry to be so clueless. Thanks for any advice. I'm so annoyed that the patches that suited me aren't available anymore and I have to go through this.

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan daily with estroderm patches?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 09:07:48 AM »

Hi karlizxy

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about the sdie effects after changing HRT. I'm afraid many of us have had to make some changes... and yes it's annoying! It's very unlikely to be due to the Estraderm (I changed to these from Estradot and then to Elleste) but more likely the change in progestogen. Utrogestan can have side effects. Yes you can take it vaginally which does reduce sdie effects due to fewer of the metabolic by-products from oral use. I wouldn't want to take it all the time like this though - I take on a cycle. On the other hand you could presevere with taking it orally and see if your body settles after a few weeks? I know there are women on here who thrive on this regime and take it orally. Dotty I think is one.

Hope things improve and do keep us posted :)

Hurdity x

Debbie2407

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 03:27:07 PM »

Hi, I like yourself was on the Conti and Estradiol together as patches until they were unavailable.  I am now Utrogestan and was feeling terribly dizzy to the point where I had to take them at night-time as it was so bad.  I am feeling less dizzy doing it this way.  I did not know you could take them vaginally?  Hope you get sorted. 

karlizxy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 03:46:04 PM »

Thank you. I still feel absolutely awful and don't think I can continue taking them and feeling like this. So fed up of this shambles.