Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estrogen implant - friend or foe?  (Read 853 times)

Rafferty33

Estrogen implant - friend or foe?
« on: January 29, 2020, 05:29:15 PM »

Hello - I'm new to MM and hopeful of some advice ::)  I'm a couple of months into a surgical menopause following a hysterectomy and removal of ovaries, as I had endometriosis and adenomyosis and I'm  now suffering from low oestrogen levels (157 p/ml) . Went up to 5 pumps of estrogel but I wasn't absorbing and now the estradot 100mg but still the AWFUL brain fog - my memory has seemingly disappeared completely and i can't concentrate on a single thing which is making work so stressful. I've also got achey hips and back. The patches have led to me having a bit more energy but the other effects are getting me down. My consultant has said give it a couple of weeks then we should consider the implant. I can barely find a thing online and wondered if anyone had stories of hope (or just horror...😬). Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 08:12:47 PM by Rafferty33 »

Sammiejane

Re: Estrogen implant - friend or foe?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 09:56:09 AM »

hi

how did you you find the gel apart from not obsorbing ? what were you levels on the gel and any side effects as i?m on the estrogel and found brain fog to be worse heavy headed with headaches, hairloss  x

regarding the patch estradot 100 how are you finding this ?

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 09:56:54 AM »

sorry forgot to ask your age and were you you in peri menopause before hysterectomy and oopherectomy x

Rafferty33

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 10:56:25 AM »

Hi. I'm 43 and didn't think i was peri, had the op because of the endometriosis and adenomyosis but apart from that i was fine. Gel was a faff (am now on 6 pumps and split 3 morning 3 evening and was running out of skin space!) But 2 weeks ago levels were st 157pc/ml. Haven't been tested again since using patches but have no improvement in symptoms (heavy-headed is a good description plus ZERO memory which makes me so upset and angry)  hence I'll probably go for the implant.  But an very nervous...

Katia

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 11:55:22 AM »

@Sammiejane, it was just the same for me.

Rafferty33

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »

How are you now @katya?

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 10:33:09 PM »

rafferty33 and katia

did you both have hairloss on the gel ?

Rafferty33

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 10:27:25 AM »

Some. But I attribute that to not absorbing enough and my oestrogen levels still being very low. I've just ordered a DIY blood test so i can test my own levels. If they haven't increased I'll be making another appointment.