Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Taking progesterone - for anovualtion  (Read 548 times)

asil100

• First Flush
Taking progesterone - for anovualtion
« on: January 29, 2020, 02:02:39 PM »

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone has some experience with this situation. I'm on my second anovulatory cycle (I'm 47) and my gynae did an ultrasound and gave me Duphaston (Dydrogesterone) to take, 20mg per day. I had been bleeding for 2.5 weeks. He said that the bleeding should have completely stopped after 3 days of taking the progesterone, or else he was going to do a biopsy. I tried 10mg the first day, but I continued to bleed. Today, I'm going to take 20mg - I took 10mg this morning, and I'll take 10mg this evening. Although the bleeding has improved, it hasn't stopped altogether. I'm still spotting a bit. Does 3 days sound reasonable for bleeding to completely stop? I'm worried that I won't have stopped entirely by 3 days.

Any insights greatly appreciated - if anyone has had experience with progesterone and stopping dysfunctional uterine bleeding, and how long it took for bleeding to stop. I'm just worried now that there's something more serious going on.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Taking progesterone - for anovualtion
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 02:03:36 PM »

:welcomemm:  didn't want to cut and run even though I have no knowledge, maybe put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?

asil100

• First Flush
Re: Taking progesterone - for anovualtion
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 02:24:38 PM »

It's just progestin.