Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Livial / Tibolone Experiences ? ? ?  (Read 3006 times)

jaycee

Re: Livial / Tibolone Experiences ? ? ?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2020, 11:48:40 PM »

Livial [Tibolone] same thing, suzysunday,i will check again, on the website,maybe i have got mixed up as i think it is safer re, breast cancer,not as likely with Tibolone
I have never had a problem with bleeding on it, i went off it for a while and decided to try again, rang my Dr and asked him to let me have it again and he added it to my prescription
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 11:53:56 PM by jaycee »

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 09:16:12 AM »

Here is the extract from product info for Tibolone:

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/4429/smpc

" Endometrial hyperplasia and carcinoma

The available data from randomised controlled trials are conflicting, however, observational studies have consistently shown that women who are prescribed Tibolone in normal clinical practice are at an increased risk of having endometrial cancer diagnosed (see also Section 4.8). In these studies risk increased with increasing duration of use. Tibolone increases endometrial wall thickness, as measured by transvaginal ultrasound.

Break-through bleeding and spotting may occur during the first months of treatment (see section 5.1). Women should be advised to report any break-through bleeding or spotting if it is still present after 6 months of treatment, if it starts beyond that time or if it continues after treatment has been discontinued. The woman should be referred for gynaecological investigation, which is likely to include endometrial biopsy to exclude endometrial malignancy.
"

I was considering this for libido at one point before I started tetosterone ( although i was really too old) - and i read the long paper about it which reports the scientific trials etc and endometrial thickening was listed as a potential problem so I decided against on that basis alone. However it is on the market as safe so as long as one is vigilant about any bleeding or spotting then you should be fine. If you don't have a uterus then you don't need to worry at all about this aspect anyway.

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2020, 11:25:30 AM »

hi jaycee

hope your ok

how are u finding the tibilone regime now you have gone back on it have you seen any improvements in your hair situation ?

thanks sammie

jaycee

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 11:20:59 PM »

Hi SAMMI,NO IMPROVEMENT IN THE HAIR SITUATION AS FAR AS I CAN SEE, MY DAUGHTER THINKS IT LOOKS SLIGHTLY BETTER, BUT OF COURSE I CAN'T SEE THE TOP OF MY HEAD PROPERLY EVEN LOOKING THROUGH A MIRROR,.
Sorry caps on by accident,
I don't seem to have had as much itching until tonight and i can't stop scratching, so will use some steroid lotion when i go to bed,
I just don't understand what is happening as the rest,as said before grows very very quickly
I don't feel any better or worse back on the livial, but my daughters Dr told her to try not to stop and start HRT as it would make hair loss worse,
It seems hers has stopped shedding, and i actually think mine has,
It remains to be seen
I can't make another appointment with Derm, until next week, for some reason, every 3 weeks new appointments are made free

Sammiejane

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 12:47:02 PM »

hi jaycee

is your daughter also on the tibilone ?

well 11 days ago i started back on hrt the estrogel and utrogestan and guess what my hair has started shedding more again i will monitor it over the next few days and see x but aside from that i took the utro 2 hrs later the other night and yesterday felt awful full of aniexty panic and felt i couldn't breath took it at 9.00 last night as i normally do and this morning haven't had it but again will monitor personally i think estrogel dosent suit me x and my hair stopped shedding when i stopped it .

is the lival good for VA symtoms as adding in utro i feel dryer down there

Sammiejane

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2020, 02:25:34 PM »

hi jaycee

sorry forgot to also ask has your hair only been shedding on tibilone ? have u always been on this or were you a different hrt prior x

i think i?ll have to work through them all and try the tibilone

lol

Sammiejane

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2020, 01:20:40 PM »

hi jaycee

how is going x

how long have you been back in tibilone x

i've managed 2 weeks on gel and utrogestan and hair shedding hasn't started again yet x i feel ok but headache thick headed but had this when i was on the gel only so can't say it's P effects x

the only thing for me is vagina is dryer so may need to up the gel soon see if that helps x

Sammiejane

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2020, 03:55:26 PM »

hi jaycee

how are things going x

is your daughter also on tibilone x

jaycee

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2020, 12:07:30 AM »

Sammijane, sorry not seen your posts until now,had my son over from Spain for 2 weeks so haven't been on here much
My daughter tried Livial but had a bleed so stopped it,was on Evoral Conti like me and had hair loss, so stopped that, now on Femosten Conti, hair shed a bit but has eased off,
She was on Femseven Conti to start with which suited her and no hair loss, but none available just now
I don't know exactly when my hair started shedding, but it was probably while on the livial but the dermatologist said it's not hormone related,he said stress, but could be both maybe
I think chopping and changing doesn't help,
Someone told me her hair shed while chopping and changing,but when she got settled on one it stopped

Sammiejane

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2020, 12:13:45 PM »

hi jaycee

well mine stopped virtually after 5 weeks stopping hrt went 9 weeks then started combined gel and utro i don't think it's shedding more however this morning it did but have also changed my hair vitamins which may play a part x

i don't know because in theory my hair is reacting do end nov still next week i?ll know more as it will be dec where i stopped the hrt in nov last year i was on 2 pumps gel that's if the hair reacts to 3 months cycle it's weirs but on hrt i feel it makes my parting wider but regrowing hair at front of forehead and i found when i stopped it i lost the hairs at the very front but parting didn't seem as wide could be my imagination of course but i?ll ride it out x
progesterone i guess i?m ok on although don't feel fantastic and still have aniexty and mild headaches but has given me sore throat cough dry mouth and vagina a little dryer not to bad but more discharge upset tummy between diarrhea and constipation x i?m fed up with hrt to be honest i was getting a few more flushes adding in utro but this has settle me and sleep is ok to but i found i have to stick to taking it same time every night which if i?m out rare occasion this is an issue again with applying the gel as i use at night pain in the arse patches i guess would be better x
i changed to applying the gel on my arms and they are feeling heavy daily like there bruised hurt to touch and i do have a slight red rash on them where the gel goes so think i?m going to change to patch and stick with it x and if this dosent work i?m giving up x

jaycee

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2020, 10:51:24 AM »

Hi Sammijane, i seem to have missed this last post of yours, i still don't know if the livial is to blame for the hair loss,and strangely like you my parting seems to be closing, although in general my hair overall seems thinner and finer
Still growing in length ,but not as much, i haven't been takiong the vitamins as much, just got fed up with no improvemrnt
I am still looking at toppers, as i can't wear a hat all through summer,
I see the Derm, on the 12th again
If the patches wee available i would try them again, as not really happy about pills going through my liver
I am still using the steroid lotion for itching, but i am now wondering if that isn't helping,or even making it worse
I have no hair in the plughole after showering, but still see a few hairs floating, but nothing like before

Sammiejane

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2020, 03:32:03 PM »

hi jaycee

i think the hair works on cycles which when i look back i guess that is true x

my parting seems wider on hrt but growing hairs front of forehead when i stopped hrt my parting seemed less wider but the hairs dissapered at the front x

the shedding definitely slowed down off hrt and i?m coming up 4 weeks on combined and not sure yet if shedding more i find some hairs on floor still and get couple of hairs when brushing daily but i think it's to early to tell x

i?m getting more discharge and feel dryer and sore down below and my pelvic floor feels weaker since adding in progesterone but then has helped aniexty mood and sleep but what is concerning me is how big my boobs are getting and the bloating i keep getting so uncomfortable i?m at my GP tomorrow so am going to discuss with them as i also want to change the gel it's giving off a funny smell on my skin like the following day and as it has alcohol in it i think it's causing me to sweat more under armpits and groin x
Pages: 1 [2]