Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Off to Docs soon. Is it an ultrasound I need to check endometrium thickness?  (Read 1887 times)

Hurdity

Hi Katejo - as far as I know the hysteroscopy is not especially hazardous although there are always the usual warnings eg perforation of uterus or something I think they said! Mine was 4.7 after a bleed and that was said to be borderline but on HRT there should be greater tolerance of endometrial thickness anyway. I would suggest if the consultant is not worried then leave it for a few months but i expect they want to cover themselves. Really - if you have a lining that thin there would be very low almost negligilbe chance of anything untoward - cancers generally occue in an overthickened lining that has led to hyperplasia, casued bleeding and then some of the cells may be pre-cancerous. There was a paper on this I posted a while back - here it is: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15386607 but it doesn;t refer to HRT - when there should be greater tolerance - it gives you an idea anyway.

Hurdity x

Katejo

Hi Katejo - as far as I know the hysteroscopy is not especially hazardous although there are always the usual warnings eg perforation of uterus or something I think they said! Mine was 4.7 after a bleed and that was said to be borderline but on HRT there should be greater tolerance of endometrial thickness anyway. I would suggest if the consultant is not worried then leave it for a few months but i expect they want to cover themselves. Really - if you have a lining that thin there would be very low almost negligilbe chance of anything untoward - cancers generally occue in an overthickened lining that has led to hyperplasia, casued bleeding and then some of the cells may be pre-cancerous. There was a paper on this I posted a while back - here it is: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15386607 but it doesn;t refer to HRT - when there should be greater tolerance - it gives you an idea anyway.

Hurdity x
  It is a painful procedure (except under GA which I don't want) which I don't want to suffer if it isn't necessary. There are some risks too. I don't think I have got anything serious so would like to wait a little longer to give the bleeding a chance to stop. I will have a look at your link above. Thanks

bear

Hi Katejo,

Have you taken any other HRT before Evorel Conti? How long have you been menopausal?

The leaflet info says:

'When starting Evorel Conti, bleeding episodes occur mostly during the first month of treatment, with a quick improvement of the bleeding profile. In first users of HRT, or after a hormone free period of at least 2 weeks, absence of bleeding was seen in 33 % of women during the first three months of treatment and 54 % were bleed-free during months 2 and 3. When Evorel Conti was started directly after a cycle of sequential HRT, only 7.5 % of the women were bleed- free during the first three months, 47 % reported no bleeding for months 2 and 3. Over time, bleeding stops in the majority of women so that 63% of women from either group were bleed-free during the last 3 months of 12 months therapy with Evorel Conti. In women with well established menopause (mean 7 years since the last natural menstrual period), 56% were bleed-free during the first three months of treatment and 92% were bleed free during months 10-12.

Bleeding lasted five or less days in not more than 2 episodes per quarter year in >95% of subjects.

Starting Evorel Conti after a hormone free period may reduce the likelihood of uterine bleeding during the initial period of use of Evorel Conti.

In three clinical trials of one year duration, uterine bleeding episodes were reported as an adverse event by 53 of 344 (16%) women - the most frequently reported undesirable effect.'

BeaR.

Katejo

Hi Katejo,

Have you taken any other HRT before Evorel Conti? How long have you been menopausal?

The leaflet info says:

'When starting Evorel Conti, bleeding episodes occur mostly during the first month of treatment, with a quick improvement of the bleeding profile. In first users of HRT, or after a hormone free period of at least 2 weeks, absence of bleeding was seen in 33 % of women during the first three months of treatment and 54 % were bleed-free during months 2 and 3. When Evorel Conti was started directly after a cycle of sequential HRT, only 7.5 % of the women were bleed- free during the first three months, 47 % reported no bleeding for months 2 and 3. Over time, bleeding stops in the majority of women so that 63% of women from either group were bleed-free during the last 3 months of 12 months therapy with Evorel Conti. In women with well established menopause (mean 7 years since the last natural menstrual period), 56% were bleed-free during the first three months of treatment and 92% were bleed free during months 10-12.

Bleeding lasted five or less days in not more than 2 episodes per quarter year in >95% of subjects.

Starting Evorel Conti after a hormone free period may reduce the likelihood of uterine bleeding during the initial period of use of Evorel Conti.

In three clinical trials of one year duration, uterine bleeding episodes were reported as an adverse event by 53 of 344 (16%) women - the most frequently reported undesirable effect.'

BeaR.
No HRT before Evorel (except local oestrogen) and I was already  5 years post menopause. I got nothing when on half patches. Bleeding started 3 months after moving to full patches. First one lasted about a week. Since then 1 to 4 days.

Turkish delight

Hi gals,

My ultrasound and transvaginal scan apmnt is tmrw, I feel so much less anxious so thank you all  :tulips:

On the subject of my last smear, the last one I had was the only one that was super painful. It was before any hrt and vagifem, before I knew about VA.
In my mind, I was cussing the nurse thinking she was a newb at it, bcz it was so painful and never had been before.
I'm sure I'll be fine now after being on hrt and vagifem plus YES products for a year.

Ironically I have my letter for a smear too now. I'm starting to feel like a pin cushion or some freak of nature with how many probings I'm getting.
For starters I had a colonoscopy in December, now the TA and TV, then for pudding a cervical screening. And a mammogram in September for good measure. Ahh what it is to be a women.

TD
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:57:00 AM by Turkish delight »

Hurdity

Hope it all goes well tomorrow Turkish Delight, especially now you are generally more comfortable  ::) . Let us know!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]