Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evoril Conti HRT patches unavailable  (Read 823 times)

Lindaj

Evoril Conti HRT patches unavailable
« on: January 21, 2020, 02:58:32 PM »

I cannot get my Evoril Conti patches any more. I've got about three weeks supply left and seeing gynaecologist in two weeks. She's keen for me to stop as I'm 60 without other risk factors and still working. Anyone else having this problem and what did you switch to? 🤔

Katejo

Re: Evoril Conti HRT patches unavailable
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 03:47:35 PM »

I cannot get my Evoril Conti patches any more. I've got about three weeks supply left and seeing gynaecologist in two weeks. She's keen for me to stop as I'm 60 without other risk factors and still working. Anyone else having this problem and what did you switch to? 🤔
I have heard that they are due to become available again next month but don't know whether that info is reliable or not. I am still using them but have a small stock to tide me over. I did ask the gynae about an alternative if the problem continues and she said that she would suggest one in a letter to the GP. I haven't seen that yet.
I don't see why you should stop if you don't have other risk factors.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 06:11:32 PM »

Well you won't know until it actually happens  ::). However Taz's pharmacist and doc told her this recently on this thread: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,46558.0.html

You should not need to stop at 60 if you have no risk factors! Current thinking is that you can stay on for ever if no medical reason why not!

Hurdity x

Lindaj

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 06:50:06 PM »

Thanks for your replies, I'm definitely not stopping for the foreseeable! I'll chat to her re changing patches re the availability issue but it'll be a new consultant and she's not much younger than me so....
I'm struggling with weight gain, I've been told the patches can cause this or whether it's that age thing again, 3kgs have slid on since starting five years ago!

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 08:28:14 PM »

Yikes - 3 kgs! I'd be wanting rid of that ( says she who has also put on a few pounds and slowly trying to shed it as we speak - though not successfully as I haven't been properly focussed on it!).

Nothing to do with HRT as I've  been on HRT more or less the same type/dose for nearly 13 years and my weight has been up and down depending on how much I exercise and eat! It really is down to that as long as you don't have a thyroid problem. Having said that my metabolism does seem to be slowing down - but I am mid going-on late -60's so to be expected - I need to put more effort into keeping weight down! I think progestogens can have a bloating effect though so maybe Evorel conti could be partly a little to blame?

Have you had thyroid function checked? Also I'm sure you know =- cut down sugars, excess fats, refined carbs and eat lots of fruit, veg, lean protein, pulses, nuts whole grains etc. Body conditioning to tone up those muscles so they burn more energy at rest....never buy bigger sizes in anything! Brisk walks daily. Exercise classes.....

Good luck!

Hurdity x

dht240

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 01:03:13 PM »

Hi,
I too have heard they?ll be back at the end of Feb. Fingers crossed. I had 4 patches left and the doctor advised me FemSeven would be the best alternative and 'that's what he prescribed. (It might be for others, but I'm sensitive to Levonorgestrel so, no good for me.

Has your doctor prescribed anything for you yet?

But, for me, I've been taken off all HRT as they've decided I need a break after flooding while in the gym (doing a deadlift). I'm not entirely sure I think this is the right approach, but I will see what the next month brings and whether I should be going to the menopause clinic.

Does anyone have any advice on going cold turkey? I was told to just stop... symptoms are returning...

D.
Xx

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 01:44:40 PM »

Hi,
I too have heard they?ll be back at the end of Feb. Fingers crossed. I had 4 patches left and the doctor advised me FemSeven would be the best alternative and 'that's what he prescribed. (It might be for others, but I'm sensitive to Levonorgestrel so, no good for me.

Has your doctor prescribed anything for you yet?

But, for me, I've been taken off all HRT as they've decided I need a break after flooding while in the gym (doing a deadlift). I'm not entirely sure I think this is the right approach, but I will see what the next month brings and whether I should be going to the menopause clinic.

Does anyone have any advice on going cold turkey? I was told to just stop... symptoms are returning...

D.
Xx
I don't think that Femseven are due to be available again for a while due to a requirement to redesign them.