Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: What time best to change patch ?  (Read 3369 times)

friend of lhasa apso

What time best to change patch ?
« on: January 29, 2020, 05:44:30 PM »

Hello ! I've started this topic ,because yesterday evening I changed my evorel 25 patch as forgot to put new one on earlier in the day . Well ,I felt very tired around 10.30 pm when I went to bed ,but as soon as head touched the pillow my mind was all over the place and felt very anxious and wired .
         I now realize this has happened before when I've changed over patches in the evening. I eventually crashed out at 4 am after getting out of bed really fed up .
  Anyone else had this happen to them ?&did it make a difference changing patch in morning?  When I restarted my hrt a week ago I thought hurray it's helping me sleep!

Hurdity

Re: What time best to change patch ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 06:02:28 PM »

When I first started patches I used to do 3 days then 4 days but always in the morning. Then I changed to 3.5 days so it was Monday eve and Friday morning. Now I change every 3 days and always in the morning - I want to be awake  and active when the peak levels hit me so I can gain max benefit (well so I imagine!).

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 06:32:01 PM »

When I first started patches I used to do 3 days then 4 days but always in the morning. Then I changed to 3.5 days so it was Monday eve and Friday morning. Now I change every 3 days and always in the morning - I want to be awake  and active when the peak levels hit me so I can gain max benefit (well so I imagine!).

Hurdity x
I haven't noticed any peak and crash at all. However my osteopath told me recently that the bleeding which she got with HRT stopped when she switched from 3/4 days to precisely 3.5 days for each tablet. I am just trying it now but haven't got far enough to know yet.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 07:24:52 PM »

I was advised by the meno clinic to change after 3 days, even though I was feeling well at the time, but due to shortages I have tried to do 3.5 to eek patches out. I often notice a headache coming on at patch change over time, but haven't really noticed it affecting sleep, though always change a couple of hours before I go to bed. I don't sleep well anyway and not sure that there's a pattern to it, I'll have to try and make a note. When supply improves I'll probably change to the same as Hurdity.

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 07:28:07 PM »

Thanks for replying Hurdity and Katejo .
    Have you had the problem with sleep?
Next patch change I'll definitely change in morning, which will be Fri.  As one of my main symptoms has been insomnia and severe fatigue ,so hope switching around will solve this fingers crossed x

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 07:33:16 PM »

Hi Shropshire lass!☺
   I've been changing patches on a Tuesday and Friday, which is 3 then 4 days.I've just recently started back on the patches .I took them off last time as had bad bloating get and palpitations, but that may have not been the patches ,but my own hormones causing it .
   Now it's 24hr since my patch change I'm hoping I'll sleep tonight .I just can't function well on no sleep .

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 08:28:43 PM »

I had stomach issues too, but even before starting HRT. I was on half a patch to start with, so same dose as you but I increased over a few months to a whole one and my stomach issues were much improved. I was checked out for bowel issues because of stomach issues and weight loss and they decided it must be IBS. However the menopause dr said issues were caused by low estrogen, which seems right given that increasing the dose made me feel better.

Ive always slept badly and am an anxious person and lack of sleep seems part of it. I think I am probably less anxious and consequently sleeping a bit better since HRT.