Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ovulation suppression  (Read 820 times)

Luna79

• First Flush
Ovulation suppression
« on: January 28, 2020, 12:31:11 PM »

Dear Ladies,

Can anyone share her experience on ovulation suppression?!

I have had PMT all my life, and these last years it has become severe PMDD (paranoid, suicidal, aggression, only 7-10 symptom free days a month).
I am very sensitive to any fluctuation in Estradiol and progesterone. At the moment I am 40 years old and considering oophorectomy..
but I prefer to try the professor Studd's protocol for reproductive depression first!

Anyone success with ovulation suppression on Studd's protocol?
[Continuous 100 mcg estradiol patch and pea size dab testosterone + 7-10 days 100 mg Utrogestan]

In his articles I read that we need 100-200 mcg estradiol patch to override our own cycle.
I can hardly cope with the emotional side effects I experience while upping my estradiol patch to 100 mcg (I feel best on 75 mcg patch).

I am on continuous estradiol 85 patch (I cut it myself, slowly upping to 100 mcg), started on testosterone last week (pea size blob daily) and 100 mg Utrogestan orally.

Estradiol 410 pmol/l
Progesterone 12,2 nmol/l
Testosterone 1,75 nmol/l

At the moment I experience zero libido. I think Utrogestan (and before progesterone cream) is responsible for this. Others have the same experience.. I can't wait to bring this down to cyclical use only. For now my focus is to ups my estradiol patch to 100 mcg and suppress my ovulation.

For many years I also experience hypo thyroid symptoms (my T3 is on the very low end) I didn't do well on thyreoidum medication though. I am diagnosed with ME/CFS 10 years ago.
Progesterone seems to help my thyroid (feeling less cold, more energy). Since I lowered my Utrogestan intake (from 200 to 100 mg) and upping my estrogen slowly to 100 mcg, hypothyroid symptoms get stronger (extreme cold, tiredness, low mood). 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 07:49:11 PM by Luna79 »