Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen only patch experiences  (Read 1328 times)

Bobidy

Oestrogen only patch experiences
« on: January 27, 2020, 09:45:42 PM »

Hi all

I'm considering oestrogen only patches and was wondering about your experiences of 100 Evorel, Estrodot, Estraderm, Femseven mono.

Size, stickability (actual word ;)), allergic reaction to the plaster, absorption, change once or twice per week?

Thanks as always x

Joaniepat

Re: Oestrogen only patch experiences
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 10:32:48 PM »

Hi all

I'm considering oestrogen only patches and was wondering about your experiences of 100 Evorel, Estrodot, Estraderm, Femseven mono.

Size, stickability (actual word ;)), allergic reaction to the plaster, absorption, change once or twice per week?

Thanks as always x
Hi Bobidy,

Estradot 100
Size: 2cm x 4cm
Adhesion: excellent
Allergic reaction: none (and I do react to some plasters and tapes)
Absorption: good. (I was a poor absorber of gels.)
Change: twice a week.

I've never used any other patch.

JP x

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 09:54:31 AM »

Thanks JP, are you having any problems with supply. I know it might be a daft question as I assume it depends where you live x

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 10:13:24 AM »

Thanks JP, are you having any problems with supply. I know it might be a daft question as I assume it depends where you live x
I think it's a nationwide thing and depends on your pharmacy. I'd been given a prescription for 6 boxes last August and could not get them from Boots or Lloyd's, nor online pharmacies, until Lloyd's finally got me 3 boxes at the end of November. The remaining 3 were supplied by them in dribs and drabs over the next couple of months.

JP x

LizzyLoo

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 05:10:25 PM »

Hi Bobidy,

Not been on the 100 versions but I've had experiences of a couple of different 50's patches. I think patches are great and I will continue to try and get whatever version I can get my hands on whilst I remain on HRT.......during this ?patch drought? nationally!!!!!

I prefer to put them on the outer top of my thighs and as long as you put them onto dry skin in an area  that doesn't really interfere with undergarments to annoy it then they do stay put.
I believe the femseven is one a week so I'd be least happy with those...because If you do have a problem with a patch then you've lost a whole weeks worth.

Anyway whatever you go with I hope they work well and Good luck in getting hold of some 👍🏻

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 10:50:09 PM »

Hi Bobidi- I've only had Evorel 25, 50, 37.5, Estraderm 75. Estradot 50. Estradot 75 and Elleste Solo MX 80. These are all twice weekly ones. Once weekly changes (Femseven, Progynova) ar less popular I think.

I can't remember the Evorel but the area in cm2 is given in the spc for each product easily available by googling. I think I posted it once ie the relative szies of some of them.. Evorel aren't available at the moment. Estraderm are mahoosive and don't stick well. Elleste are medium and stick brilliantly. Estradot are teeny tiny and also stick pretty well but due to the nature of the adhesive go a bit gooey in really hot weather eg if sunbathing/sitting outside in hot sun although I wasn't at all bothered by that in the 12.5 years I was using them (and I love my sun).

Yes supply will depend where you live. Get the pharmacist to put just the dosage of patch (only - rather than brand) on your prescription and they will give you what's available or else depending whether your pharmacy is in house like mine is or you take your prescrption to any pharmacy - find out which they can get and ask the doc to write a prescription for that one.

I renew mine online and I just put a note saying please don't give me Estraderm or a once weekly patch and the pharmacist ( at the local GP practice) usually rings me and says what's what at the time.

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Bobidy

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 11:01:30 PM »

Thanks everyone, I think my best options for oestrogen only 100 are Evorel or Estrodot.

The Femseven mono might be a problem with my plaster sensitivity if it's on for a week.

The Elleste Solo MX only comes in an 80.

The Estroderm sounds dreadful!

I'll pop into the local pharmacies and see what supplies they can get and then tackle the gp.

I thought I was done with all this drama!

Thanks again x