Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Travelling on a plane with oestrogel  (Read 1751 times)

Cassie273

Travelling on a plane with oestrogel
« on: January 28, 2020, 08:00:39 AM »

Hi everyone

A slightly strange one but I am taking a long haul flight next week which will see me travelling for the best part of 20 hours.  I will need to take at least one lot of my oestrogel on the plane and I am worried about getting it through airport security  -  and I don't want to leave it in my hold luggage in case that gets lost (it has happened before!)  Has anyone dealt with this?  I only recently started on the gel so all previous flights were with tablets - this is a first for me and I'd be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Dotty

Re: Travelling on a plane with oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 08:06:06 AM »

Hi yes it's fine to take it in your hand luggage x

Cassie273

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 08:29:13 AM »

Thanks Dotty.  Do you know if I need any documentation such as a letter or copy of my prescription.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 09:02:38 AM »

Hi I didn't need it. I took the box with the sticker on it with my name but they didn't look at it. X

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 10:03:31 AM »

I had no problem leaving the UK but depending where you're going you could have problems coming back. It's advisable to take a copy of your prescription but even with that they wanted to confiscate mine in Egypt (along with the piece of string which was obviously explosives in disguise...)

Cassie273

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 12:20:56 PM »

Thank you all for your help.  I will take a copy of my prescription because we are also taking an internal flight (in South Africa) although usually they don't bother with the liquids restrictions for those flights.