Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sore stomach pains again  (Read 2719 times)

Lyncola

Sore stomach pains again
« on: January 18, 2020, 02:53:29 AM »

Hi everyone,
I'm pretty sure I'm premenopausal, I had a hysterectomy in July 2018, and I'm turning 46 this year. I got virginal atrophy, sore eyes, more sinus problems, random pains in my back, neck , shoulders, under my ribs, so on. And my piles are so much more of a problem too. And then there's stomach issues,

It all started about 13th July 2019, started Remifemin after about 3 to 4 weeks started getting sore stomach, 7 days straight then in and off for 6 weeks. My doctor and I assumed it was the Remifemin?

Mid September stomach pain everyday, back to the doctors, had blood test, wee test and poo test all clear. This went on for 3 months. Early December saw a dietitian and we agree that I was lactose intolerant and excess fruit intolerance. Things got better for 5 weeks I felt normal. Since September I have steadily been losing weight too? I now at the same weight as before I had kids. I'm finding it hard to put the weight back on, my doctor knows and she doesn't seem to worried with my weight loss at the moment. She has got me weighing myself once a week for the next month.

And now for the last three days bad stomach pains again? I'm thinking maybe I've been eating too much dairy again even though I have my lactose tablets. I know one meal last weekend I had started eating when I realised I forgot my lactose tablet. I know when I was in my bad three months I stopped dairy for a couple of weeks and then started eating dairy again it took a week for my stomach pains to get really bad again.

So frustrating, when you think your doing well with one problem and it comes back again. I'm at the moment will try sticking with the lactose free cheese, yoghurt and milk. And I'm hoping my stomach will improve again.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Jeepers

Re: Sore stomach pains again
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 05:50:37 AM »

Hi lyncola

Sorry to hear you are still having ongoing stomach problems.

Is your lactose intolerance something that started in peri menopause? 

Jeepers xx

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 10:11:07 AM »

I don't know how they can say you're lactose intolerant without doing a test for it,keeping a food diary is a good way of narrowing things down a bit and jotting down when you have pain,I did an intolerance test(privately) as drs said they don't do them,only allergy,anyway I sent away a sample of blood and it came back with a wheat allergy and a nut intolerance ,like you,I was having terrible stomach pains,bloating and nausea,since cutting out wheat and nuts the problems is better,brilliant in fact.The test was £99 but worth every penny
Good luck xx

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 02:01:50 AM »

Jeepers yes I never had stomach issues before premenopausal.
jaypo I'm from Australia and I've done test put for environmental allergies that cost $180, which I did for sinus. But not a food one. Interesting if it keeps up, I will asked my doctor.
When I had the bad stomach for three months, I gave up dairy for two weeks things improved a bit, then went back on dairy, after a week bad pains again. And I also noticed eating some fruits or to much fruit would set me off.
I hoping because my stomach been good off late Ive got carried away with this yummy Italian cheese, and because it says in the low FODMAP diet your allowed up to 30g of cheese, I didn't take any lactose tablets. And for about a week before my stomach got bad again I was having cheese everyday. Plus a meal 4 days before that was very cheesy I forgot to take my lactose tablet and took it have way through.
I don't see to get the pain with dairy straight away and this was all explain to the dietitian. I know with fruit if I eat the wrong thing all to much I feel it within 1 hour off having it.
I will give it three weeks if it doesn't improve I will see my doctor

Lyncola

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 04:39:20 AM »

Hi Birdy, I would describe the pain as when you got a sore stomach, even like period pain, nice and low, and usually after I eat something but not all the time. Usually about 20 minutes to 1 hour after eating.
Today for example
breakfast- banana, kiwi fruit and bran loaf. Very low pain after maybe 2 out of 10.
Morning tea- dry apricots and almonds. Feeling good like normal
Lunch- whole meal bread with chicken schnitzel on it. Sore stomach about 7.5 out of 10. Now this
           puzzles me. I can't see on my recipe that I made a note saying no Parmesan cheese next time I                          make it. This time I use vegan Parmesan cheese. So obviously it bothered me both times and it's not my          lactose? Sometimes it takes me a while to get a recipe right. I make fibre muffins it took swapping 3 different ingredients before I could eat them and not get a sore stomach.

Afternoon tea- focaccia (homemade pizza base with olive oil and herbs, garlic and salt on top. My husband is Italian) and lactose free yogurt and dark chocolate. Felt ok after like 2 out of 10.

I don't think I had a stomach acid test, I did have a test a couple of months ago were you blow up a balloon and they testi think your stomach acid? It was because I was and still burping all the time. Started over a year ago about same time as premenopausal.
Scan on my stomach? I'm always have ultrasounds on my cyst and sometimes kidneys. Had a CT scan about 3 years ago, and MRI on my back a couple off months ago?

It will be interesting to see if my symptoms improve they are but slowly, hopefully it won't get worse again. If so I will see my doctor, I will give it another 2 and half weeks
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 05:14:59 AM by Lyncola »

Lyncola

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 08:42:50 PM »

Hi Birdy,
it could be IBS, I think the whole poo thing is normal, usually on the runner side as  I eat a high fibre diet as I've had piles problems for 11 years now.
I never had stomach issues before premenopausal. And from about September I've been losing weight about 4 kg now. Which is not good as I didn't have a weight problem to start with. This week I've lost 0.5kg with me trying to eat more protein and carbs?

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 08:48:29 PM »

Hi. Because the pain is low down, period pain-like, I would say this would seem to rule out a stomach acid problem as this is more like bowel pain. I have IBS (d) and if I ate your breakfast then I'd be on the loo all day   ;D. However another possible cause of your pain could be scar tissue/adhesions caused by your hysterectomy? I have this following mine 5years ago and it is painful.

For the low down tummy pain you could try Buscopan which is really good.

Taz x

Lyncola

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 09:38:05 AM »

Hi Taz2,
Yes I do get the pain from my scars from my operation, but they feel a bit different and usually around my cuts. My stomach pains can be be about 5cm under my belly button and down. For the last two downs starts getting bad about 11am-12pm. When I eat it feels slightly better then gets quite sore again, I'm on day 5 now, last time I had this it went on for about 3 months  :'(

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 11:00:04 PM »

My pain from adhesions are deep inside - just as if I still have a uterus. My bowel has fallen slightly awkwardly into the space left by the uterus though so this probably complicates things a bit.

Try the buscopan to see if it relieves the soreness. I find it very good and it is recommended for IBS too.

Taz x

Lyncola

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 05:43:53 AM »

Thanks Taz2 I will give Buscopan a try :)

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 08:43:56 PM »

Fingers crossed it works for you.

Taz x