Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Is YES available via NHS?  (Read 1993 times)

Bobidy

Is YES available via NHS?
« on: January 24, 2020, 04:46:45 AM »

Just wondering if YES moisturiser / lubricant is available via NHS prescription?

Joaniepat

Re: Is YES available via NHS?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 08:30:01 AM »

Yes WB and VM are available on prescription, but not OB as far as I know.

JP x

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 09:10:01 AM »

Oooo great! I've just emailed YES to double check too.

I'm going to try to get that on my repeat prescription along with the Vagifem and Ovestin as I've got a prepaid certificate now so the more I can get on that the better. I use the Ovestin 2 nights with the Vagifem and YES VM on the other nights and it's working a treat!

Thanks again JP, v helpful as always x

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 09:24:41 AM »

So glad to hear it's working  :). Good luck with the prescription.

JP x

Lyncola

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 09:33:05 AM »

Hi Bobidy,
I'm happy to hear your on top of your virginal atrophy, I'm jealous, it's been over a year for me and at the best I feel 80% better.

I'm having trouble with Virginal atrophy, using Ovestin and Vagifem was going well, but I'm seem to gone backwards? My history is starting using Ovestin internally March 2018. Got 80% better then started going backwards. In November I started use both Ovestin (externally) and Vagifem two nights a week each (on different nights). And Vagisil everyday.
My problem is the outside pain? And today I bought Multi-Gyn and I will try that. I'm from Australia and can't get Yes over here.
My question to you is, do you Ovestin externally or internally?
Thanks Lyncola
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 09:54:34 AM by Lyncola »

Bobidy

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 10:43:08 AM »

Hi, I had minimal symptoms so I think I've caught it right at the beginning thank goodness. I also take Estrogel and Androfemme HRT which should also help.

I'm hoping my twice weekly regime will be okay now. I really think it should be mandatory from 40-45ish or post hysterectomy.

I've never used Ovestin internally, just a pea sized amount around all the outside bits.

I felt a bit dry and had internal twinges before my hysterectomy last year. Everything seemed to get better when I started HRT. Then I noticed some dryness again so started YES moisturiser for about a month am and pm then the Vagifem and Ovestin routine.

You can get YES products online and they will send samples if you contact them.

Hope all is well with you in Oz x

Lyncola

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 03:03:48 AM »

Thanks for your reply Bobidy,
I'm 46 years old had a hysterectomy (still got my ovaries) year and half ago, but my doctor won't let me go on HRT because my ovaries were still giving me problems, but they have seem to settle down in the last 8 weeks. It took 5 months of my complaining before I got but on Ovestin. Ovestin took a while to work, but got 90% better, then started going backwards, so I started Vagifem starts working after a couple of weeks, a lot better for couple of months, now backwards again.

This virginal atrophy is getting me down. I do well for a good couple of months, but it's been down hill for the last week. I'm at a point for the last couple of days where I'm feel my virgina all day long  :'(

I couldn't find Yes on eBay, I will have a look at Amazon (I have never order on there). And I will just google and see what I find. Thanks for your help

Lyncola

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 03:14:35 AM »

Hi Bobidy,
just found a website for yes in Australia, they want $34.95 for the 100mls Yes VM. Why do they always have to be so dear? How much is it in the UK?

Bobidy

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 08:25:12 AM »

Hi

I kept my ovaries too and am mid 40s. They can conk out much earlier, anything 6 months + but its best to retain them if possible. I was in peri a couple of years beforehand I realise now so have had fluctuating oestrogen levels but I think they are definitely declining.

As you are still so young I think HRT is really important for heart, bone, brain etc health. I'm not sure of your medical history but you might want to consider patch or gel as this should help a bit with the VA too.

YES in the UK is about ?10 a tube I think, but it is manufactured here too so no crazy postage fees. I know some ladies here also use Sylk. I've not tried it but you could check out their website. Obviously these are the moisturisers, they don't contain the oestrogen.

My Androfemme comes from Oz and costs ?80 a pop! Crazy money, but hopefully available here on the NHS at some point.

Jane Lewis has a great book called Me and My Menopausal Vagina and a Facebook group that you may find useful? x