Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Libido loss chemical menopause - oophorectomy  (Read 1115 times)

Luna79

• First Flush
Libido loss chemical menopause - oophorectomy
« on: January 23, 2020, 04:34:14 PM »

Dear Ladies,

I am 40 years old and in chemical menopause (Lupron) cause I have PMDD and am severely sensitive for ANY fluctuations in Estradiol and progesterone.
I am on continuous estradiol 75 patch and 200 mg Utrogestan. and totally zero libido.. loss of pleasure no fantasies, no interest.. all gone..
Last years I used over the counter progesterone cream cause the fluctuations in estradiol were making me mentally ill. On this progesterone cream I started experiencing severe vaginal atrophy, I couldn't have sex with my partner anymore. Vagifem and the estradiol patch is helping me with this.. but I found out that progesterone cream and Utrogestan is killing my libido and svaginal sensitivity.

I have to decide soon if I want an oophorectomy or even hysterectomy. Can I change my Utrogestan to 100 mg continuous?
Or after oophorectomy use only Utrogestan 100 mg. 7 days a month? I think this is John Studd's protocol? Then I would only have a few days a month when Utrogestan is leaving my body paranoia, aggression and suicidal tendencies.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I miss my sexuality.

Ladybt28

Re: Libido loss chemical menopause - oophorectomy
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 06:44:19 PM »

Hi Luna79 - I lost all my libido, everything just as you describe, in fact, I got to the stage where I didn't want my husband to kiss me or cuddle me which was devastating on a mental level when I thought about it because I love and adore him and it had never been an issue before.  I didn't and don't have VA of any kind so I could have sex, it's just my head thought it was horrible and I felt a bit sick.
I started off with oestrogel and utrogestan and then got given testosterone and that's when it all changed.
Everything is back working normally again in the sex department and got it all back within 3 months of starting the testosterone.  I don't have VA but there are plenty of ladies  on the forum who do and write about it.  I usually read the posts and from what I have read I am not sure that the progesterone causes VA.  I believe from what I read it is lack of oestrogen, which dries everything up.  I'm sure that if I'm wrong someone will tell me so  :) :-X

Oestrogen is supposed to be the feel good hormone and it lubicates the joints and other parts of the body! and progesterone makes me feel a bit down sometimes. Having the testosterone tied it all together for me, the other 2 didn't seem to work very well on their own for me.  Not only did it give me my libido back, it made my thinking less foggy and gave me energy. I have all my bits by the way and am 58.  Would testosterone be an option for you

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 06:53:51 PM »

I was the same. Zero libido on oestrogen and progesterone, it only improved with testosterone.

Luna79

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 09:58:41 PM »

Thank you so much for your replies.. this makes me hopeful to continue the testosteronegel in very low dose which I started yesterday :)

I know progesterone does not cause vaginal atrophy as such.. using progesterone continuously made my ovulation disapear and estrogen level became very low.

Now, after a few months Vagifem and estradiol patch I am soft and juicy again downbelow.
But its just that in my head it doesn't work anymore like you write. I am not interested in kissing anymore.

I will lower my Utrogestan intake and use small (1/4 dose) amount of testosterone. If I use normal dose I feel agitated. I have had ME/CFS for ten years, might give me some energy back too🥳