Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estradot alternative  (Read 2102 times)

Shell

Estradot alternative
« on: January 23, 2020, 01:27:42 PM »

Could anyone tell me what alternatives they are using to Estradot, its the only one that I find that sticks, but if anyone has any others I'd love to hear.

Shell xx

Sammiejane

Re: Estradot alternative
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 02:15:35 PM »

hi shell

you could try swapping over to the gel form as i believe well certainly in my area there are no patches available nationally x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 05:49:01 PM »

Could anyone tell me what alternatives they are using to Estradot, its the only one that I find that sticks, but if anyone has any others I'd love to hear.

Shell xx

Hi there Shell - I am currently on Elleste Solo MX patches ( 80 mcg cut down). They are much bigger than Estradot but they do stick very well and I am quite happy with them. Steer clear of Estraderm as they do not stick well and are very thin and crinkly and feel like plastic bags on your butt! The others are listed here:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

Some are changed once a week only so I would not go for these if you're on a twice weekly one.

Hurdity x

Shell

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 07:04:12 PM »

Hi Sammiejane,

The gel doesn't work for me, Ive tried it already, but thank you.

Hi Hurdity,

Yes Ive tried Estraderm and Evorel and cant for the life of me get them to stick!! I'll check the availability of the Elleste solo you mentioned xx

Mogster71

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 07:50:32 PM »

Hi Hurdity

I am at the end of day 2 of my first foray with patches - I am using Estraderm!! After reading all the comments I was expecting some rustly bandage thing but it's teeny! (MX 50). Are the other patches much smaller/different? I bathe/shower at each end of the day and so far so good it's bearing up at the top of my bum cheek  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 08:54:33 AM »

Hi Mogster - are you sure you mean Estraderm - they really are huge? The teeny ones are Estradot. However those of us who have commented in this way have been used to estradot and the contrast is striking!  However if you are happy with it as your first patch then that's great!! Long may it last :)

Hurdity x

Mogster71

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 04:03:01 PM »

Hi Hurdity!

Yes, absolutely 100% Estraderm! They are MX50, I don't know if they vary in size according to strength? As I was on 1mg Femiston I expect this is a low to mid dose? I'd say 1.5" to 2" square transparent patch. Like the kind of thin material you have to peel off a new phone. The others must be teeny-tiny, I just feel lucky to have a patch rather than a tablet and if it makes me feel better it can take up my whole bum cheek if it likes lol!! It's just a shame I had to move doctors to get anywhere, but there you go.

Hope you're feeling well too  :)

LizzyLoo

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 05:54:13 PM »

There's still currently a patch drought going on out there and I have had to switch again. If you can get anything then I woul just go with it! Choice isn't in abundance it seems.

So I have  gone from Evorel 50 to Estraderm mx50 and now to Estradot 50

Roll on mid Feb when there is apparently an output of patches and then it should improve generally as the year goes on.
My other tip is to ring around the pharmacies you use (to see what they have) before you visit your doctor for a prescription. The only thing I could get yesterday was a box of 8!.......after ringing round two chemists.

Apostrophe's aren't working when you type a post?! Not sure why....and no matter how many times you modify the post they ain't working!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 06:00:49 PM by LizzyLoo »

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 12:51:28 PM »

Great Mogster - I really mustn't put anyone off!!! Yes Estradot are like the smallest sized sticking plasters you put on a cut finger. Quite so LizzyLoo - go with what you can get! You must notice the difference is size going from Estraderm to Estradot! Mogster yes they do vary in size according to dose so 25 mcg will be half the size of 50 etc and they will go up in size incrementally according to dose...still no Estradot of any dose at all here anyway but plenty of Elleste Solo MX....

By the way I think I am absorbing more oestrogen from the Elleste than from Estradot judging by the size of the bleed I'm getting and the cycle was only 6 weeks ( I somtimes go nearly eight). Not sure if anyone else has noticed any difference?

Hurdity x

Shell

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 11:39:17 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

What strength do you usually have of Estradot? Is it 50...are you cutting the 80 down as I see the Elleste only come in 40 or 80 strength?.

Shell x

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »

Hi Shell - I was on 50 mcg for years but about 1 year after starting tesosterone I increased to 62.5 eventually prescribed 75 mcg and cut them down so I now cut down the 80 mcg to just over 3/4. Bit of a waste but I've retained the cut pieces in case I need them later,  although they will probably degenerate slowly after exposure to the air, mositure etc...

Hurdity x