Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding post meno  (Read 605 times)

Butterfly22

Bleeding post meno
« on: January 21, 2020, 03:10:51 PM »

Hi ladies, not been on much as not been well, first i posted a message a while ago saying i was bleeding but post meno, my answer was maybe keep an eye and go for scan which the doc said the same, i was going to lower the progestrgen 100 patch and one 100 pro a night, but the doctor mentioned id been on 75 patch last yr when she read my notes.
So i thought well i felt good back then so ill go back to 75 and take ustrogen nonstop as before.

Anyway, still getting random bleeds light but there. I also still sweat on a night so doctor sent me for tests. They called yesterday and said my plates were mildly elavated and low iron. She said probs as had a horrible cold for weeks but have to go back for more blood tests.

I called amd said should i go for scan and she said no maybe come back and discuss HRT. The night sweats still happened on 100 too. Im just confused as should i be worried about this bleed ect.?
Thank you x

Ladybt28

Re: Bleeding post meno
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 06:24:30 PM »

If I read you rightly Butterfly 22 from what you have said you need to know it is not the progesterone which would control the sweats.  The progesterone has to do with stopping overgrowth of the womb lining, and it is designed to work to cause the lining to either (a) not build up too much or (b) to cause the lining to shed.

In terms of sweats it is usually the oestrogen (the patch?) which controls those symptoms.  In terms of breakthrough bleeding which is what I think you are talking about, it means that the level of oestrogen is not balanced with the level of progesterone to stop the lining from building up a bit more than it should and so therefore you get the bleeding as the lining sheds.  A continuous regime is quite hard to balance for some ladies - How long have you had this bleeding for?

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 07:17:01 PM »

Thank you so much, sorry i sounded a bit mixed up (probs as i am) i just looked on the internet about bleeding after meno and one sign could be cancer which freaked me out a bit.

My question was maybe just my balance not right then.? Maybe i need more progestrogen? To stop the bleed. I had slight show last week then on sunday got another period again. Still on now but very lightbits been like this for a few months x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 10:39:28 PM »

When I had pre-cancerous cells I had bright red spotting. If it looks more like a period or old blood it's unlikely to be cancer.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 10:47:16 PM »

If you are post-meno and have a bleed while not on any HRT then this is definitely cause for concern but if you are on HRT then bleeding is not viewed in the same way. Post-meno means that your hormone levels have dropped right down but you have raised them again by using HRT so  bleeding is more likely. Not sure this makes much sense!

Taz x  ;D

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 08:24:05 AM »

Thank you ladies, i just wanted to put my mind at ease, maybe just my body trying to settle. Xxx and makes perfect sense Taz2😊xxx
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 08:25:56 AM by Butterfly22 »