Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is anyone premenopausal and losing weight?  (Read 641 times)

Lyncola

Is anyone premenopausal and losing weight?
« on: January 20, 2020, 10:13:43 PM »

Hi beautiful ladies,
I'm 45 years old and had a hysterectomy in July 2018, still got my ovaries. I believe I started premenopausal October 2018. I have virginal atrophy, sore eyes, more sinus problems, more piles problems, sore back, ribs, hips, neck and shoulders basically sore muscles and bones and shoulders stomach pains could be IBS.

I never had a weight issue in my life but I'm puzzle since September 2019 I'm been steadily losing weight. At first I blame my cut back in sugar (to help with pain) and carbs (my husband cut back on carbs). I was exercising more to help my back problems and dairy because of my stomach issues.

I always eat a lot and since Christmas I'm eating more carbs and exercising less (I hurt my ribs).
I'm 5 foot 7 (172cm) and used to weight between 64kg-65kg. I'm now 60.3kg and got to 59.8kg before Christmas (my weight at aged 19). Over Christmas I went to Melbourne and eat a lot off carbs, fried food and dessert every day. I managed to but on 0.9kg.
Since then 7th January 60.6kg, 14th January 60.8kg, 21st January 60.3kg

I have always found it easy to loss weight and hard to put on. I just don't want to loss anymore weight and would like to put on a couple of kilos. My worries are why am l losing weight? Is there something wrong with me? Is all my problems more then premenopausal?

My doctor knows about my weight loss and is having me take my weight every week and to see her in two weeks time.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated  :)

Penelope

Re: Is anyone premenopausal and losing weight?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 08:10:57 AM »

Have your thyroid checked honey a lot of women have weight loss with that!xx🌹

Lyncola

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »

Hi Penelope,
I had a thyroid problem 2011, and was operated on as I had an unusual growth they thought could be cancer. I lost one of my thyroid. I never got to the point of being under or overactive thyroid. I will have to ask my doctor to give me a blood test to check on the one that's left.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 09:36:54 AM »

Hello Lyncola

I just wanted to add that I know someone who had their Thyroid removed due to a cancerous growth and she has been taking Thyroxine ever since. I wonder if your remaining Thyroid is failing and you now need some medication.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I agree that a blood test would be a good idea.

Take care.

K.

Lyncola

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 08:18:32 PM »

Hi Kathleen,
I plan to see my doctor in the next two weeks because she wants me to go back after a month of recording my weight and I've got stomach issues again. And I agree the last thyroid could be playing up, I will as for a blood test  :). I've had had it checked in the past, but I don't think it's been checked for a while now?

Alicess

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 09:31:07 PM »

Hello Lyncola,

I've always been slim, like you, no matter how much I ate. I've also been on birth control pills practically all my life. But when I started HRT which is much less potent then BCP I started to loose weight rapidly. In my case very low levels of estrogen are to blame but I would defentitly do a bloodtest for thyroiid first as hyperthyriodisme  can cause weight loss too, like the other ladies mentioned.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 09:33:00 PM by Alicess »