Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Position of Vagifem?  (Read 975 times)

Bobidy

Position of Vagifem?
« on: January 17, 2020, 09:22:41 PM »

Hi

Just checking the position of the Vagifem pessary.

I'm going maybe 10cm as it says on the instructions but it seems to give me some bladder irritation, not really pain. But Im wondering if it's lower if still works on everything?

They are great though. First couple were 'interesting' and took ages to wangle in but things are obviously much better in there as it's so much easier to do (tmi sorry).

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Position of Vagifem?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 10:10:00 PM »

From what leaflet says approx. 8 cm or 3 inches if my brain is functioning today😧.  I use 1/3 way up (too atrophied to go much higher).  Some experts say it should be low down while others say it doesn't matter.  As long as you get the sucker up, that's the ticket.

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:59:01 PM »

I use a little bit of Yes up the applicator and that seems to really help, with one leg propped on the loo seat (tmi sorry).

I don't think I've ever spent so much time applying things to my body. It's at least half an hour a day! I've worked out that I could potentially spend 20 days of my life doing this if I live to 85. I should be an expert by then! X

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 11:30:38 PM »

I use a little bit of Yes up the applicator and that seems to really help, with one leg propped on the loo seat (tmi sorry).

I don't think I've ever spent so much time applying things to my body. It's at least half an hour a day! I've worked out that I could potentially spend 20 days of my life doing this if I live to 85. I should be an expert by then! X

Is that just the Vagifem that takes so long? I had trouble with it when I first started. Now it takes less than a minute as things are less sore and I find lying propped up with a pillow and knees flopped out is the best way...Making sure I lock the bedroom door first of course  ;D...I  understood they had to go up to the line on the applicator but couldn't manage that at first.

Bobidy

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 02:32:57 AM »

Hi

No it's super quick now, but it's that plus estrogel twice a day plus testosterone cream once a day plus Ovestin twice a week.

Bobidy

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 06:45:13 PM »

Would you say about 5cm ish?

X

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 09:17:07 PM »

Would you say about 5cm ish?

X
I vary it a bit. Sometimes as far as it will comfortably go and other times about halfway.

Bobidy

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 10:16:50 PM »

Great thanks. I'll give it a go x

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 11:31:52 PM »

I don't go up high and I point it towards belly button.  It seems to help in and out that way x

Dierdre

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 07:14:55 AM »

I also place on the bladder wall rather than the back and about half way up. I used to place it lower hoping to beneifit outside too but found the fillers then irritated the vulva and caused soreness. I do this at night now as i found  less irritation than placing in the morning when im more active all day and the discharge from the fillers works its way down.  I use Ovestin fot the outside area so can use Vagifem higher for the inside.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 10:29:01 PM by Dierdre »