Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen patches availability updates  (Read 1044 times)

LizzyLoo

Oestrogen patches availability updates
« on: January 20, 2020, 10:26:04 AM »

Hi All,

Seems a while since official updates for patches were put out, so just wondering how folk are getting on with getting their prescriptions through the NHS atm?
I was moved on to Estraderm mx50 (from Evorel 50) at the beginning of December (which has gone well) so hope to be able to get hold of these again towards the end of this week.
Anyone had any recent problems getting Estraderm mx50 or are we hopefully ok and in a better situation than we were?!!!
Thanks for any info x

Jaz

Re: Oestrogen patches availability updates
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 06:25:52 PM »

I will be finishing from Evorel patches (when i run out) to Estradem MX 50 and pharmacy say they are available and exactly the same as Evorel-just different brand.

However i notice on the packet it says each MX 50 patch contains a total of 1.5mg and on the Evorel it states it contains A total of 3.2mg ESTRADIOL Do you or anyone....maybe Hurdity know if Evorel actually has a higher dose?

I'm worried it may not be enough as was on quite a high dose to start with and had to cut down due to patch shortages.

Jaz x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 06:40:06 PM »

Hi there - I have changed from Estradot (75 mcg cut down to 62.5 mcg) to Estraderm (ditto) and then more recently to Elleste Solo MX (80 mcg cut down to 62.5 mcg). I was recently changed to the Elleste because the Estraderm became difficult to get hold of (through local dispensary via Alliance Healthcare). I'm very happy with these Elleste - but for me changing to Estraderm was a big shock as they are MAHOOSIVE compared with Estradot which are tiny!

The dosage on the patches are such that they are designed to deliver the same amount of estradiol PER DAY irrespective of the total amount listed on the patch, The patches are all different sizes, and have different fillers ( glue etc) and there will have been trials done to determine the average dose so that it is approximately standardised. As always the amount YOU absorb personally will vary depending on many factors like where you apply the patch, how much fat you have on the part of the body where you apply the patch, thickness of skin, what you put on your skin, body temperature, ambient temperature etc.

It is interesting that the Estraderm patch appears to have so much less in total though! Maybe  something to do with the overall size?

Hurdity x

LizzyLoo

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 06:47:05 PM »

Hi Jaz,

You are correct about the doseage and all it meant for me was that the estraderm mx50 basically equates to 72hrs cover for each patch. It states to change every 3 days on the paper instructions enclosed.
So my 24 pack hasn't been 3 months worth at all! as the Evorel 50 would have lasted much longer before running out.

However I've been fine with the swapping of patch and actually they don't leave a sticky residue unlike the Evorel does! So it wasn't all bad news having to swap.

Thanks for the replies peeps x
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 06:51:01 PM by LizzyLoo »

Jaz

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 07:19:46 PM »

Thank you All

So useful to get everyone's experience and knowledge, in this maze of information!  :)