Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Can perimenopausal bladder symptoms clear up after menopause?  (Read 642 times)

Bananacarnival

Don't know if my question sounds a bit daft but I wondered, because a friend mentioned that her mother had similar symptoms to mine and her symptoms of painful bladder /utis or intersticial cystitis etc actually improved after menopause.

Can this be right?
I'm currently awaiting a pessary fitting (got a pop prolapse of everything but some doctors are insisting that I just need another cystoscopy and bladder biopsy which I'm not keen on as last cystoscopy was awful.)

Thank you

Katejo

Re: Can perimenopausal bladder symptoms clear up after menopause?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 09:28:42 PM »

Don't know if my question sounds a bit daft but I wondered, because a friend mentioned that her mother had similar symptoms to mine and her symptoms of painful bladder /utis or intersticial cystitis etc actually improved after menopause.

Can this be right?
I'm currently awaiting a pessary fitting (got a pop prolapse of everything but some doctors are insisting that I just need another cystoscopy and bladder biopsy which I'm not keen on as last cystoscopy was awful.)

Thank you
  Unlikely. My VA symptoms started during peri and got worse  after menopause. Much better now but only because I am getting oestrogen from Vagifem and patches. If I stop those, the problems will return.

Why does your doctor say you need another cystoscopy? I was made to have a 2nd one due to microscopic haematuria but nothing was found.

Bananacarnival

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 10:14:31 PM »

Thanks katejo. It's been a while since my last one. My bladder is V inflamed and sore.
Did they biopsy your bladder? Estrogen cream and vagifem pessary has made hardly any difference to my problem...

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 10:38:38 PM »

Thanks katejo. It's been a while since my last one. My bladder is V inflamed and sore.
Did they biopsy your bladder? Estrogen cream and vagifem pessary has made hardly any difference to my problem...
No they didn't do a biopsy. Oestrogen cream didn't help me but I got a definite improvement with Vagifem. However that started to lapse and cystitis symptoms flared up again. I got a referral to a meno clinic after seeing a urogynaecologist. I am now on Evorel Conti patches and Vagifem. The patches have worked really well apart from the initial bleeding which comes with it.

Bananacarnival

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 09:11:18 AM »

Thanks katejo that's really interesting. I hope your symptoms continue to stay away...