Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patches or gel best ?  (Read 783 times)

Ruby10

Patches or gel best ?
« on: January 15, 2020, 04:29:52 PM »

Which do you find hrt patches or gel is best for being absorbed . I am on patches now but wonder if the gel would help me better.

sheila99

Re: Patches or gel best ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 05:25:46 PM »

I didn't find any difference. I don't think you can generalise as it depends on your body, and you may have different take up with different patches. What patch and dose are you on? It may be better to swap to a higher dose of the same patch if this one suits you.

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 05:59:20 PM »

hi

i've been on the gel and have suffered hair shedding and loss my hair is noticeably thinner i contacted the manufacture and had this information back for anyone interested .

Alopecia (hair loss) can be a side effect of use and is listed on the FDA approved product label, it has been identified during post-approval use of EstroGel 0.06%® (estradiol) from a population of uncertain size; therefore, it is not always possible to reliably estimate its frequency. Please refer to your physician to further discuss this symptom.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 06:18:09 PM »

Hi Ruby10 - I've used patches more or less continuously for 12  years. Had a brief foray into gel  a while back but flushes came back and cba to tweak it as the patches worked well. What dose/type are you on and where in meno?

Hurdity x

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 06:57:17 PM »

I started on gel 26th December after being on patches from May 2019, changes due to supply issues. I have found the gel a bit of a nuisance in terms of waiting for it to dry/be absorbed so I can get dressed & head of to work. Also can be inconvenient at nighttime if your wanting a 'snuggle' with your OH, you have to plan it rather than it being spontaneous. :bed:
On the other hand it has enabled me to increase my dose by half a pump as of Saturday to see if it will help my worsening peri symptoms. I will keep going and see how it goes for me longer term. x

Ruby10

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 06:49:17 PM »

I am on Everol 100 patches and the coil .

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 08:28:11 PM »

Are you still getting symptoms then, if so what do you find troubling - if you feel gel might help you better?

Hurdity x