Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Dose of utrogestan  (Read 959 times)

Mintea

Dose of utrogestan
« on: January 12, 2020, 09:20:30 AM »

I have just used my first dose of oestrogel. I have been prescribed to start slowly with just 1 pump and 100 mg of utrogestan.
Having read a lot of posts on the forum I am just wondering if it would be best to take the utrogestan every other day, given the usual dose of oestrogel is 2 pumps to 100 mg of utrogestan (as oppose to my 1 pump to 100mg) or whether to just take daily. Or can it be cut in half? Or is it possible to get a smaller dose of progesterone - I cant find any on the mm information.
Any advice would be helpful

Mintea x

Dotty

Re: Dose of utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 10:23:24 AM »

Hi are you post menopause or in peri menopause? X

Mintea

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 11:31:07 AM »

Hi Dotty

Post menopausal by 5 years.

Mintea x

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 11:35:07 AM »

mint tea

i'm not to sure i've had hysterectomy and have been discussing trying utrogestan for balance of estrogen really rather then endometrial protection and have been told i can take every other day on low dose estrogen or every day it dosent matter but if your protecting the endometriam then i would stick to the dose it say 100mg every day x please let me know how you get on with the gel and utrogestan as i hope it will be my answer x on estrogen only i've experienced a lot of hair shedding and mood up and down so i've stopped for time being but am thinking of restarting as other symtoms are back x

Mintea

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 11:40:57 AM »

I'm thinking of keeping a symptom diary to keep track and then Ill be able to decide whether to continue or not.  The guidance is to give it 3 months at least though x

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 12:07:06 PM »

yes u need to give it 3 months minimum as symtoms take a while to resolve x
when i was on the gel it took 6 months for most symtoms and i ended up going from one pump to 2 , i did 2 weeks on one pump then up to 2 i did go up to 3 briefly but flushes came back and aniexty bad sore boobs so i stuck at 2 but it took about 8 mths in all really but hair shedding has continued x

please keep me posted huni x

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 12:13:22 PM »

Hi Mintea
If you are post menopause then the dosage of Utrogestan is 100mg every night taken on an empty stomach.  You cannot cut the capsules in half.  The dosage is the same regardless of how many pumps of Oestrogel you use. x

Mintea

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 12:59:11 PM »

Hi Mintea
If you are post menopause then the dosage of Utrogestan is 100mg every night taken on an empty stomach.  You cannot cut the capsules in half.  The dosage is the same regardless of how many pumps of Oestrogel you use. x

Thanks for the advice. I wonder why that is, unless you need to have at least 100mg for the protective effect. X

Mintea

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 01:06:21 PM »

yes u need to give it 3 months minimum as symtoms take a while to resolve x
when i was on the gel it took 6 months for most symtoms and i ended up going from one pump to 2 , i did 2 weeks on one pump
then up to 2 i did go up to 3 briefly but flushes came back and aniexty bad sore boobs so i stuck at 2 but it took about 8 mths in all really but hair shedding has continued x

please keep me posted huni x
It seems a real struggle to get it right for a lot of people. Do you feel better now apart from the hairloss?

Sammiejane

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 05:19:36 PM »

i feel better off hrt for sure but long term not ideal as i'm 4o

i'm thinking of taking tablet form and not the gel ? try elleste solo or something x