Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: fibroids - HRT - marena - WHAT TO DO?  (Read 785 times)

Ivil

• It's begun!
fibroids - HRT - marena - WHAT TO DO?
« on: January 12, 2020, 10:53:02 AM »

Hello Fellow Women
I've been taking Elleste duet 1mg for about 20 months now. My fibroids have since grown like mad and I am in pain quite a lot. Also, I have very bad sciatica which becomes unbearable at the time of my periods. I've had an MRI of my pelvis last week and am awaiting results.

I understand that I should probably stop taking estrogen as it is likely to feed the fibroids; also - has anyone experienced fibroids causing pressure on the sciatic nerve? Am I barking at the wrong tree thinking that this is what might be happening?

Another question: is there a point to having a coil if my periods are very light to hardly non-existing?

Any thoughts / support will be welcome.

:-\ :-*

jaypo

Re: fibroids - HRT - marena - WHAT TO DO?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 12:09:24 PM »

Hi ivil
I'm not on hrt as had a vaginal hysterectomy almost 10 years ago,due to fibroids,your periods can definitely affect your sciatica,as inflammation at the time can press on nerves,I remember getting horrific back ache at period time,would you consider a hysterectomy? I still have my ovaries although they have definitely stopped working now,it's something worth talking through with your dr
Good luck

Ivil

• It's begun!
Re: fibroids - HRT - marena - WHAT TO DO?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 02:34:23 PM »

Thank you for replying, Jaypo

I will definitely consider a hysterectomy. I've had enough. Let's see what can be done (and when!) on NHS.
I