Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy Discharge?  (Read 4817 times)

Machair

Vaginal Atrophy Discharge?
« on: January 11, 2020, 02:01:50 PM »

I am currently under a consultant for late menopause, and following surgery for polyp removal and hysteroscopy all is well, except for a slightly thickened lining at 6mm ( though it appeared to be thin and atrophic and too thin to biopsy)

I have been asked to have a scan in May to check lining, and I have a slight clear discharge that dries yellow after a few hours that the consultant is aware of.

He says atrophy is a possibility which we can discuss after the scan, but other than this intermittent discharge I have no discomfort. 

Can ladies describe their discharge if any prior to atrophy treatment- was it clear watery yellow pink red or the opposite none at all? Was it every day or now and again and was it copious or just spots?

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Vaginal Atrophy Discharge?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 02:22:00 PM »

Hi machair...I didn't have any discharge.  Mine started with several UTI's and then the discomfort started BIG TIME.  However I was/am 68 when dx'ed so been post menopausal for 16 years. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 02:24:18 PM »

Any discharge is normal: unless it is smelly, thick, green ......... could the discharge be a urine stain, it happens to me sometimes  :-\.  I use VA treatment which can leak too.

Machair

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 03:24:26 PM »

Thank you ladies. I did have a milky discharge once or twice a couple of years ago but this is just yellowish when it dries but is clear when it comes out. Not urine I am sure. Consultant said not to worry at the moment- see next scan result then decide plan. I have read yellowish looking discharge can be atrophy so I was wondering if anyone had this or maybe it is just the change in PH.

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 04:07:27 PM »

machair

i had the same and have been told atrophy mine came out watery discharge and i thought it was wee at first because didn't look like discharge and dried yellow but after sevel scans on bladder urodynamics test pelvic scan mri etc they couldn't find any reason for it being urine so been using va treatment and is no longer yellow x

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 05:01:56 PM »

Hi Machair, I had a discharge before using Vagifem and still have a discharge some days now.  I've been using it for about three years now (I think).  I think what you're describing sounds absolutely normal for this stage of meno and is probably all down to atrophy.  Mine isn't much, looks like a small damp patch and dries to a white colour.  I'll try to remember to note when it's more obvious, when I'm due to use the Vagifem or after I've used it.  I really wouldn't be worried at all.
Much the same for me. It doesn't bother me.

Machair

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 11:10:24 AM »

Thank you so much for all your replies they are appreciated so much.xx