Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: estrogel  (Read 1986 times)

Sammiejane

estrogel
« on: January 10, 2020, 12:48:55 AM »

hi

is estrogel better applied to outer arms or inner thighs to reduce bloating and better obsorbtion x.

thanks

Annie0710

Re: estrogel
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 12:07:15 PM »

I do thighs as I always thought you should keep awAy from breast area, but I could be (and probably am) very wrong on that

It will be interesting to read replies because upper tummy bloating is a really annoying daily problem for me x

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 11:25:09 AM »

annie0710

do you still have your ovaries as i see you have had hysterectomy at 32 same as me i was 35 x

i've recently stopped the estrogel for 5 weeks as was having hair shedding have you noticed this before you started the tostran ? or did you start the gel and tostran same time ? how many pumps of gel do you use x

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 01:12:31 PM »

I do my thighs every day Sammiejane.  Very occasionally I put my bra on so I don't get it on my breasts and put it on my upper arms but thighs works just fine!  I have been doing it over 18 months now.

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 04:10:13 PM »

hi ladies

i have been using on my inner thighs but do get quite a bit of bloating and swollen thighs so wondered if would be better on my arms but i'm worried i won't absorb as well x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 10:18:45 PM »

I apply my Estrogel to the back of my arms/shoulders, just slap it on there and see how you go.

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 10:31:11 AM »

annie0710

do you still have your ovaries as i see you have had hysterectomy at 32 same as me i was 35 x

i've recently stopped the estrogel for 5 weeks as was having hair shedding have you noticed this before you started the tostran ? or did you start the gel and tostran same time ? how many pumps of gel do you use x

Hi Sammie

During the hysterectomy they accidentally severed the blood supply to my ovaries so I was kind of put into menopause at 32 and they started me on oestrogen hrt.  I had a scan at 48 I think I was and they couldn't find my ovaries and said it's highly likely they just dissolved and disappeared so they now class me and ovary-less

I had hair shedding prior to using Oestrogel and Tostran and guessed I hadn't nothing to lose by trying it.  This combo has given me my life back, my social anxiety caused by hormones sometimes lurks in the background but I'm back to enjoying being out and about and my hair, although hasn't ever produced more hair, had certainly thickened up and looks nicer so I'm happy with that x

Anaise

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 10:32:50 AM »

It didn't natter where I applied it still made me bloated with hair loss. :(

Sammiejane

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 11:19:36 AM »

hi anaise

how are you feeling now ?

has your hair still continued to remain shed free x

it's 5 weeks since i stopped and the va is a little worse and hair possible starting to slow down in its shedding but hasn't stopped and the weight i gained hasn't fell off so a little disappointed really x i think i'm going to try combined with estrogel and progesterone as there are no patches available so this is my only option i don't know whether this will improve the hair shedding or not or make it worse as there's mixed reviews on here regarding progesterone and as i understand it i should add testosterone till i have a good level of estrogen x so we shall see

Sammiejane

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 11:21:34 AM »

annie0710

before you started the estrogel and tostran regime did you already have a good level of estrogen in your system ? would you say you hairloss is less since being on estrogel and tostran  x

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 09:16:34 AM »

annie0710

before you started the estrogel and tostran regime did you already have a good level of estrogen in your system ? would you say you hairloss is less since being on estrogel and tostran  x

I have been on oestrogen hrt since I was 32 so my levels should have always been good since then.  My hair loss is better since starting estrogel and Tostran BUT I would add that I have questioned whether the hair loss is once but we are so upset by it we think it's continuous ? Does that make sense? Because if it was continuous we would be bald wouldn't we surely ? X

Sammiejane

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 11:33:11 AM »

hi annie

yes i understand what u mean i guess for me with not being on hrt for so many years my hair never thinned it thinned a little around hairline at the front but never noticed and grew fast and thick i still had to get it thinned at hairdressers as it was a horses main x lol since i initiated hrt my hair has been shedding but this also conincided with my menopause symtoms so maybe it was going to happen anyway and the gel had no impact on it as i've been off it 6 weeks nearly and shedding is still there but i must be having growth to as my roots still need doing to cover the grey x but it's noticeable thinner x and i guess also to some extent i'm over thinking things to and paying more attention to it i'm going to try again with it as i'm not over keen on patches although the estradot i breifly tried and were ok the everol i couldn't get to stick when it was warmer months the gel you don't have that problem x but as there is no patches available i guess my only option other then tablet is the gel x
did you shed hair on the tablet ?
where do you apply the gel ? are you on estrogel or sandrena ?

Sammiejane

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 02:57:21 PM »

hi birdy.

i had my hysterectomy in 2014 so would of been straight in menopause then but i'm guessing i may of had good levels of hormones as apart from couple flushes i had no symptoms x but as my levels were never tested which i think they should prior to hysterectomy to see what they were when u felt great well in anyone really even if it's to get a baseline  x

i may be off my rocker but i'm going to try the gel combined with progesterone utrogestan not just for hair loss but also mood and sleep it may make hair loss worse or have no impact but hoping it helps control weight to as estrogen made me bloat and gain weight x

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 11:25:09 PM »

hi annie

yes i understand what u mean i guess for me with not being on hrt for so many years my hair never thinned it thinned a little around hairline at the front but never noticed and grew fast and thick i still had to get it thinned at hairdressers as it was a horses main x lol since i initiated hrt my hair has been shedding but this also conincided with my menopause symtoms so maybe it was going to happen anyway and the gel had no impact on it as i've been off it 6 weeks nearly and shedding is still there but i must be having growth to as my roots still need doing to cover the grey x but it's noticeable thinner x and i guess also to some extent i'm over thinking things to and paying more attention to it i'm going to try again with it as i'm not over keen on patches although the estradot i breifly tried and were ok the everol i couldn't get to stick when it was warmer months the gel you don't have that problem x but as there is no patches available i guess my only option other then tablet is the gel x
did you shed hair on the tablet ?
where do you apply the gel ? are you on estrogel or sandrena ?

No I think I was using the patch when you shedding started.  I'm sure it coincided with being classed as post menopause.  I do look at other women's hair my age and lots have pink scalp visible so it really is a common thing unfortunately.  I use oestrogel on my thighs x