Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: elleste solo 1mg 2mg tablet  (Read 2332 times)

Sammiejane

elleste solo 1mg 2mg tablet
« on: January 15, 2020, 03:57:20 PM »

hi ladies

can i have your experience of taking elleste solo 1 or 3 mg and how you have felt any side effects and how long symptoms took to subside x

thank you

jennyr265

Re: elleste solo 1mg 2mg tablet
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 05:23:59 PM »

Hi Sammiejane i took elleste solo 1mg for 3 months from September last year. It improved my mood but didn't really help with any of my other symptoms but didn't give me any side effects.
My GP agreed to increase  me to 2mg from December. All was ok until 2 weeks ago (so I had been taking them for almost a month at that point) when I started to get a very upset stomach- intermittent diarrhoea, bloating, very uncomfortable bad ache and side pains in the morning. And my other symptoms hadn't improved. So on Monday i stopped taking it. The stomach issues have got better but haven't completely resolved but it's early days so the jury is still out!
I used gel for about 7 months last year but wasn't absorbing it.
I am going to try patches and if they don't work then give up!
HTH.

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 05:27:33 PM »

hi jennyr265

i've been using the gel - estrogel 2 pumps but very bad bloating on it weight gain and hair shedding did you have this issue on the gel x

when u were on the tablet did you gain weight at all or experience hair loss x

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 05:28:21 PM »

hi jenny

sorry forgot to ask do you take progesterone to and may i ask your age i'm only 40 see x

jennyr265

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 06:36:49 PM »

Hi Sammiejane no I haven't had any hair shedding on the gel or the tablets. Bit of bloating but no real weight gain. I have weighed more or less the same for the last 10 years although I have noticed that my belly is definitely flabbier but i think that weight redistribution to the stomach is pretty normal for menopausal women unfortunately!
I'm 54 and almost 6 years post menopausal.
Yes i did use Utro - orally 3 weeks out of 4. I didn't really feel that I suffered any side effects from it. I never had a bleed until last week whilst i was still taking both the Elleste and the Utro.

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 10:19:09 PM »

hi jenny were u taking utrogestan with the gel also x are you still on the utrogestan now ?

i've stopped the gel for the time being to see if shedding stops which it's seems to be but wondering what to take next as patches out of stock

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 10:47:17 PM »

sorry jenny forgot to say my menopause don't want me taking tablets as i smoke and the increased risk of blood clot but i have a friend who is on thenn elleste solo 2mg and she smokes and no side effects but i guess we are all different i just want my hair to stop shedding most upsetting especially as i'm only 40

jennyr265

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 08:03:24 AM »

Hi Sammie no I'm not taking anything at all at the moment. I will probably ask for patches when i next go to the GP assuming that there is some availability!
I'm sorry that you are losing  your hair that must be very upsetting.
The problem with hrt is that one size doesn't fit all. As you say, we are all different and none of  us knows what our hormone levels were when we were young and at our peak (if that's the right expression) so it's impossible to replicate that.
And also we all have different symptoms. Mine aren't really classic menopausal but they started a year after my last period so i guess that the menopause was the cause.
The other problem is that we have to give each type of hrt at least 3 months to work. So I started last April and I'm still waiting to feel better. But i am going to keep at it until i run out of options!
Hope you are able to find the right balance for you.

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 09:18:55 AM »

I took it for 13 years and always called it my miracle pill: my symptoms were all physical and it  took every single one away.  At 45 though I came crashing down with different physical symptoms and emotional added in too.  Elleste solo didn't help so I started my journey on finding the right hrt x

Sammiejane

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 11:21:11 AM »

hi annie

are u currently on the estrogel ?

how are u finding that compared to the others u have been on x

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 11:26:56 PM »

hi annie

are u currently on the estrogel ?

how are u finding that compared to the others u have been on x

I find estrogel good.  I really don't manage well on patches.  They give me palpitations and make me feel jittery x