Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: mirena coil  (Read 841 times)

Ruby10

mirena coil
« on: January 18, 2020, 03:42:20 PM »

Has anyone felt worse with symptoms since having the mirena coil? Did your symptoms get better when removed?
I have had the coil for just over 3 months and feel worse with anxiety, low mood and nausea and tiredness also bleeding everyday, UTIs thrush,the longer the coil is there the worse i feel. I am on everol 100 patches too but been told there is a shortage of patches so that will have to change so either another make of patches or might opt for estrogel.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 03:47:42 PM by Ruby10 »

Erika28

Re: mirena coil
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 04:22:43 PM »

Likely because the progestogen (Mirena) is too high relative to the estrogen (patch). :(

As I had posted elsewhere, an average of 250 micrograms is produced every cycle in women of reproductive age, with progesterone only starting to having an enhanced effect half of the cycle. This implies about 200 micrograms of estradiol daily would duplicate this, with either a progestogen given every 14 days OR less progestogen daily and continuously, or a stronger dose given just 7 days. This also means most women are being underdosed and the progestogen-estrogen ratio is too high.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 04:24:52 PM by Erika28 »

Ruby10

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 05:06:10 PM »

Erica28 thanks for the reply that fit then with my symptoms and the dr really pushed for me having the coil as not many options left as I need Everol 100 patch as well . Be glad when it's removed then thinking caps on again after that . 😒

Erika28

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 06:11:36 PM »

Sadly, many doctors are not well versed in the matter of HRT. It's not taught at schools. It should become a specialty at medical school.

Ljp

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 08:34:02 PM »

I eused mirena and oestrogel fir 4 years, just tried using utrogestan since December with view to using it instead of coil.

Used it orally every night, after two weeks I started to get mood swings, anxiety, paranoia and brain fog, felt awful, so switched to vaginal route, better, but not better than coil for me.

Had my coil replaced last Tuesday, a bit of bleeding for 24hrs, but fine since.

After my first coil, I had spotting most days for approx 3 months,
I started off using 2 pumps of oestrogel, but 3 work better for me, and I rub it in well to my inner thighs every morning.