Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: progesterone role on the hair  (Read 918 times)

Sammiejane

progesterone role on the hair
« on: January 09, 2020, 04:41:43 PM »

hi ladies

do any of you know if progesterone is beneficial for the hair and does it stop estrogen dominance. ?

Ljp

Re: progesterone role on the hair
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 05:01:22 PM »

I posted this reply to your question on my other thread sammiejane, it will be more confusing for you to keep up with responses when you ask lots of different questions on the same thing hun xx

Hope this helps xxx

Hair is ok, it's not been great since menopause (hairdressing was my original career).....my hair texture has changed, much frizzier than it used to be, and generally drier, pretty much sums me up really! 😀 nails too.

I think my hair has thinned since menopause and HRT and notice loose hairs, and hair in the catcher after a shower, but I am fortunate to have fairly thick hair.

I have also found the ‘right' shampoo and conditioner routine that suits my hair, and I've started taking hair,skin and nail supplement, to see if helps with my general dryness “

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 12:17:26 AM »

hi ljp

i've stopped my her to establish if it was causing my hair shedding x

it's strange but on estrogen that's supposed to thicken hair , regrow hair etc mine has thinned and my nails stopped growing too since i've stopped hrt my nails are now growing my hair feels thicker but still shedding so unsure what my body is doing i don't know whether i now have more testosterone in my system but before i resume hrt i'm going to have blood test so i can get a base level including testosterone x
i too take hair vitamins and use a good conditioner i don't really loose hair in the shower maybe one or two and then when i brush lightly before blow dry i can loose anywhere from 50 to 120 hairs and then daily brushing is from 5 to 15 hairs so i wouldn't say i'm shedding mega but it's thinning and the other thing i've noticed is where my hairline had receded a fraction on my forehead the hairs were starting to grow back on estrogen and now they are vanishing but it also made me get a wider part and thinning x very complex and i think if a balance of hormones doesn't work i shall have to except it x
so would u say hrt has made your hair worse or that it's just not improved it x

Ljp

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 08:04:10 AM »

I'd say menopause and ageing itself has had an effect on my hair.
HRT hasn't improved or worsened it x

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 11:29:41 AM »

ljp

i think i'm going to try combined regime and see if that help of e and p even though i've had hysterectomy! but also to see if it helps with the aniexty and mood fluctuations which i can range from emotional to irratic angry snappy this is from taking estrogen only ! if i have worsening of symtoms i shall stop as progesterone isn't needed , but hoping it helps to with weight gain caused from estrogen x