Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hia everyone🙂  (Read 848 times)

Lisalou

Hia everyone🙂
« on: January 29, 2020, 08:07:47 PM »

Hoping to pick up some advice and get thru this menopausal shit that's literally having my life at the minute😭I'm 50 next month and for last couple years had irregular or heavy periods but not had any for almost 11 months now which is great but having some hot flushes but they are bearable but since November I'm really struggling with low moods, sleeping through the night, memory loss and concentration. I'm usually very happy go lucky but could literally just burst into tears at drop of hat, yeah I know what a wuss and then for past 2 weeks I have what feels like period pains that are bloody awful and won't go along with tender boobs. I work full time in pharmacy so I know there's lots of hrt but I have lot of breast cancer in family history so this puts me off, just ordered some menopace tablets from Holland and Barrett but would just like someone to tell me there's light at end of all this crap! Xx

jaypo

Re: Hia everyone🙂
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 08:37:08 PM »

Hi there👋 Yep,all sounds normal for menopause,I don't take hrt either and I was pretty bad about 18 months ago,depression,anxiety and panic attacks,I've tried all the herbal stuff but can't  say any of it helped but I do take wellwoman 50+ B12 and a cranberry with probiotic.Hopefully the worst is behind me,it was tough,I won't deny but with the help of the fabulous women on here I got there,so yes,there is light at the end of the tunnel
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:25:14 PM by jaypo »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 09:04:49 PM »

What job do you do in a Pharmacy?

Quality of Life is important.  The old reports have been put to one side and HRT is no longer the devil it was once thought!  Regardless of familial history, breast disease does not need to be against HRT.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.    Browse round.  Make notes ;-).

Take pain relief for any pains.  No need to suffer!

Bag

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 11:10:10 AM »

Heya, Lisalou

Totally understand your every word. I'm 55, last period was August 2018 but the last few months I've been feeling worse and worse and worse. The brain fog alone drives me nuts but this morning I cried buckets just trying to get out of bed.

When peri my boobs went from a B to a G within weeks! I felt like I needed a wheelbarrow just to cart them about! Settled back to a C but my goodness - the PAIN!

GP next Wednesday. I am self-employed and totally unable to work much atm which compounds menopausal-induced anxiety (I live alone, no financial back up).

Anyway, Lisalou, hang in there - you're not alone.

Big hugs from The Bag....

Xx

Lisalou

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 08:59:24 PM »

Thanks ladies I'm trying to hang in there, been taking themenopace tablets for few days now but no effects yet although today's been first without period pains for nearly 3 weeks. I'm a dispenser in pharmacy and just start selling the cbd oils and been advised to try that to relieve my symptoms, anyone else tried it? Still desperate to avoid GPS and hrt😏

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 09:03:16 PM »

I think there's a thread somewhere about cbd oil.
All we can do is try these things, who knows, it may just work for you.

Oh and welcome. Glad you've found us.

Xx