Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hrt shortage and drs app  (Read 571 times)

Bracken willowshimmer

Hrt shortage and drs app
« on: January 27, 2020, 04:40:15 PM »

Hi ladies,

I am back at drs again tomorrow to try and find an alternative hrt with the shortage.  I was originally on Everol 50, then with the shortage tried Progynova but found these didn't really help.  Last visit I was prescribed Estradot 50.  Was prescribed three months, managed to get a months worth and now can't get anymore.

Has anyone got any ideas what I could try next and is likely to be in stock.  Previously I have rung the chemist before drs visit to find out 'what's in stock but find this isn't working as only get months worth then back to square one.

I have a mirena coil.

I'm in the Essex area, not sure if it makes a difference where you are in the country.

Any help or advice appreciated xx

Mogster71

Re: Hrt shortage and drs app
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 07:18:02 PM »

Hi Bracken

I've just started on Estraderm MX50 patch, may be worth a try? My GP was ace, he worked through the list with the dispensary to see what he could get hold of that was compatible. I think I read somewhere that more patches are coming in next month again. Fingers crossed eh?!!

Yorkshire Girl

Re: Hrt shortage and drs app
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 07:29:04 PM »

You can also check the British Menopause Society website for upto date info. Also there is a thread on the HRT shortage with links.
Everol 50 won't be back in stock until mid Feb.