Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: One Itchy Boob?  (Read 7179 times)

Julia F

• First Flush
One Itchy Boob?
« on: January 07, 2020, 11:50:49 AM »

Hi Folks! I'm new here. Peri-menopausal (close to 12 months without a period) and not on contraception or HRT. Have one super itchy boob for the last couple of weeks, with no other symptoms at all: no bumps, lumps, inverted nipple, skin flaking etc. Have tried oils, steroid creams etc. Nothing works. The itch moves around and feels like it's under the skin. Am going to get it checked out at the breast clinic once I can get an appointment but I would like to ask if any of you have experience of this and it turned out to be nothing? Am a little concerned it's something more now...  :-\ Googling doesn't help of course!
Any thoughts would be very welcomed. Thank you!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: One Itchy Boob?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 02:27:07 PM »

Yep.  Mine sometimes itch below the skin.  I also get itching under the rib cage  ::) , neither can be scratched with any success!

Get it checked but it is probably hormonal.

:welcomemm:

Jillm

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 04:45:58 PM »

Hi Julia F, welcome to the forum. I have found the information and support invaluable in the past year.
As for your itchy boob. I have what sounds like the same kind of itch, but on my right upper arm.
It's been driving me nuts for some weeks. Originally there was nothing to see and the itch was inside, scratching did nothing to help. It eventually went a bit bumpy and is now subsiding.
I remember this happening about 1 1/2 years ago, it went away on it's own. I really think it could be hormonal as when I was pregnant with my son I had the same internal itch all over for months. Stopped pretty much when he was born.
Still best to get it check out for your own peace of mind👍

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 05:59:52 PM »

Hi Julia F

:welcomemm:

Yes I've had this and still do! My right one around the nipple area gets very itchy. I mentioned it to the doc a couple of years ago or so and she said it could be the Montgomery tubercles being a bit swollen or something - as I think it is these that are itchy. Thing is my mammograms have always come back clear - but I used to get regular bouts of mastitis when feeding my babies although probably unrelated? It has never resolved but nor has it developed into anything else.

I would get it checked out though as the others have said as there are very rare conditions that can occur.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 06:35:17 PM »

There is a condition in pregnancy :

However, itching can be a symptom of a liver condition called intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP), also known as obstetric cholestasis (OC).

so it is likely to be hormonally related.  It's an annoying itch!  Let us know how you get on?

Julia F

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 12:14:23 PM »

Thanks so much everyone for your replies and your warm welcomes to the forum.

I have an appt with the breast clinic next week so I will let you know how it goes. I tried another oil yesterday (Bio-Oil) just for the heck of it and it seems to have eased somewhat. Let's see!

Julia x

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 03:25:03 PM »

julia f

mine is my left breast nipple i find a cold flannel relieves the itch. x

cold compress as they say !

Julia F

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 01:27:17 PM »

Hi guys.

Sorry for the delayed update. I had a breast surgeon appointment followed by a mammo last Tuesday - no ultra sound - and got the results today. All good. The clear mammo doesn't mean everything is hunky dory and if the itchiness continues to persist, then I'm due to go back for a scan and biopsy. The surgeon said that it's difficult to give a rational explanation for breast itchiness as it could be dermatological or hormonal, but if there other symptoms like scaly nipples, rash etc. then it should be explored further. My itch has subsided considerably after using Bio-oil so it is possible that it's a skin issue or even a diet issue (I am messing around with diets for peri-menopausal symptoms so that could have an impact).
Anyway, just to say that it's all good for now but if anyone has similar symptoms, even just an itchy boob, get it checked out!!

Thanks for all your support. JF :)

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 01:43:54 PM »

Tnx for the update.   Is the Surgeon particularly worried?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 09:49:38 PM »

I get the left nipple itch too. Drives me mad sometimes.
Then disappears, and comes back a few months later. Its weird!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 05:08:32 PM by jillydoll »

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 09:44:33 AM »

I use 'vaseline' hand cream around the itch, seems to stop it for a while.