Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: testosterone replacement  (Read 879 times)

Sammiejane

testosterone replacement
« on: January 09, 2020, 01:27:54 PM »

good afternoon ladies

for those of you who take testosterone can you advice of your experience to its benefits on your hair or not such benefit and also whether u started testosterone at the same time as E and P or whether u had good level of estrogen first x

thanks

Ljp

Re: testosterone replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »

I only started tostran in September, having been on HRT since December 2015.
Can't say I've notice a huge difference to my hair, good or bad

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 03:13:11 PM »

Ljp

hi huni

i've been estrogel 2 pumps for a year now and i thought it was causing my hair shedding but i have stopped it for nearly 5 weeks and still shedding x menopause said to try tostran as my levels are low but that it may worsen hairloss so i'm unsure to start i also have low P under 1 which is understandable as i've had hysterectomy and ovaries removed so i'm going to restart on E and P but also wondering whether to take T also or wait till my level of E back up x

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 03:28:41 PM »

hi birdy

i don't suppose u know what is classed as a good level of E x

also is 2 pumps gel enough for balance with 100mg utrogestan x

thank you

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 03:29:56 PM »

ljp

i saw on another post u take the estrogel and utrogestan how have u found your hair on this x

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 04:01:21 PM »

hi birdy

it would be continuous as i've had hysterectomy and ovaries removed but been experiencing hair shedding on estrogel only and wondered if it was the gel causing it or hormone imbalance so i've stopped for 5 weeks and still shedding possibly slightly worse so when i restart again want to try E and P i've had blood test and estrogen dropped to 37 and progesterone is 1 or under 1 which levels are now post menopause level but i also want to try P because of my mood was quite irratic on E only and the aniexty grew with the more E i took and weight gain to , i may feel worse but then i can rule it out. but i am wondering whether 2 pumps wasn't enough but i guess i could see and up to 3 if necessary x

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 12:00:56 AM »

hi birdy

at the moment i'm on a break of hrt but when i was on estrogen only i was sweating more tired etc and my nails stopped growing and hair shed

since i've stopped it my nails have grown so long in just 2 weeks hair shedding still and flushes back a little but hair feels thicker very strange so unsure if now my level of T is higher