Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Menopause and inflammation  (Read 4994 times)

Penelope

Re: Menopause and inflammation
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2020, 07:49:44 AM »

ElkWarning you need to get a copy of your so called normal tests.If your sister has it you are 85% going to have it as well.Demand the antibodies test be done on family history alone.
Check out Graves' disease along with Hashimoto's you will know if you have it.Just remember I had normal tests for 26 years.But I had all the symptoms and they failed to ever do the antibodies test.
So I had every symptom,family history,a goitre,a baby born with cleft lip and palate and for 26 years they did nothing.
Please push and push till you are satisfied the more of us that get the antibodies  test and report back on this forum the better.Goody luck honey 😀

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2020, 08:37:03 AM »

I would think that by contacting the appropriate dept at your local Hospital to explain the problem and asking how to get a referral would be the place to start.  Would a diabetic be left with symptoms and no further investigation/treatment etc.?

Have you spoken to a Nurse Practitioner rather than your GP ElkWarning?  Or a local Pharmacist or Hospital Lab. to see how wide spread this problem might be?  Who is your MP ........... Health Minister now that the Government of the Day are 'in'?

Good Luck! 

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2020, 11:24:31 AM »

This is so interesting. Would taking 200mg of Ibuprofen regularly through the day have the same effect?

Kathleen

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2020, 03:44:27 PM »

Hello ladies.

I am not a medic but I would advise caution about using a lot of Ibuprofen as I think that it can cause  stomach and gastrointestinal problems . I do know that people taking these drugs regularly for pain relief are warned about internal bleeding as a side effect.

Take care everyone.

K.

Sparrow

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2020, 07:12:48 PM »

Hello ladies.

I am not a medic but I would advise caution about using a lot of Ibuprofen as I think that it can cause  stomach and gastrointestinal problems . I do know that people taking these drugs regularly for pain relief are warned about internal bleeding as a side effect.

Take care everyone.

K.

Agreed.  It's also not good for the kidneys.  It's meant for occasional, short term use only.

Penelope

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2020, 07:20:56 PM »

I'm not sure if that would work but try it for three or four days and just see.Its only long term use that will effect your tummy.And you are trying if for a few weeks to see if it works.
You can get Omeprazole tabs to take that put a lining on the stomach if you decide to take it long term
The doctors dish theses out like lollies.We all need to advocate for ourselves and what is right for us.
Good luck let us know how you get on.
Pages: 1 2 [3]