Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bladder pressure and vagifem  (Read 5386 times)

Dierdre

Re: Bladder pressure and vagifem
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2019, 06:04:17 PM »

I dont think there's any rule, you either get some or not and it can happen anytime, best just to go with the flow and be patient until they settle.

cocobean

• First Flush
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2019, 10:39:10 PM »

Good Evening Ladies

I know its Christmas Eve and so, I may not see a response here for a few days.

A brief outline of where I'm at.
I'm 50, mother of a 14-year-old ( born 9lbs 4oz) and 10-year-old twin boys ( born 6 lbs 3oz and 5lbs 6oz).
Bladder Control hasn't been great since the twins were born but getting worse in the past 18 months. Now wearing a Tena liner every day, once I need to go, I need to go and as soon as I set foot in the bathroom if, under pressure, I struggle to actually make it to the loo on time. :(.
I am on my 2nd Mirena Coil and as far as my records tell me, I'm on year 5 with this one. Haven't had a period in almost 10 years if not more.  Practice nurse noted oestrogen levels dropping 2 years ago and again 18 months ago. I know this isn't reliable. Experienced a few night sweats over the past year, absolutely no symptoms of ovulation ( used to get aches, increased mucus monthly), have incredible brain fog, can hardly walk in the mornings with stiff joints, went through hell for 18 months with itchy shins, have broke skin on my fingers at the moment with dryness, absolutely no interest in sex, low mood etc.... etc...

Almost 3 weeks ago I got a stabbing pain almost at the very top of my cervix area. It kind of stopped me in my tracks I get it once maybe twice most days now and so my health anxiety has me in an awful place. For the past few days, I am feeling a fierce pressure in my lower pelvic area. I feel like I am not emptying my bladder. In fact, the pressure almost reminds me of the times when Ds1 was almost at full term and his head was dropping in preparation for delivery.

I brought ds3 in to see our GP yesterday as he has a v bad chesty cough. Thought I'd get an appointment too to discuss my worries but he was already on Christmas holidays and had a locum in place who I don't like. I've decided to leave things until January.

Does anyone think this is simply Bladder pressure?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2019, 08:36:10 PM »

I'm no expert and my issues aren't excatly the same. I had dryness that following treatment with vagifem turned into bladder irritation and burning. I was referred to a woman's health physio through the local hospital. The appointment came through quickly. I had a consultaion that lasted an hour with lots of questions, an examination and then advice. It was really comprehensive. She talked about the bladder, the bowels and the pelvic wall. I was a bit concerned about the possibility of prolapse as I have had a dragging feeling in the past and like you had 9lb babies (biggest 9.15) but she said there was no sign, which was great news for me. She did say my pelvic floor showed weakness and gave me some exercises to do. It really is worth asking for a referral as there are things you can do.

Do you use any local estrogen, eg vagifem, or ovestin or estriol? As far as I understand it, they can make a big difference to urinary incontinence. I'm sure someone will come along soon who has more knowledge than me.

cocobean

• First Flush
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2019, 06:28:09 PM »

Thanks for your reply.

I am currently not using any estrogen products.
Pages: 1 2 [3]